Sign in to follow this  
dead nutz

youth javelina

my daughter just turned 11 last week and this was her first hunt.we were lucky to have the help of one of my best friends carl young of team young gunz and scott beck. we headed out friday morning at 4:00 am to 34A from peoria, got to the hill after picking up the boys and started out hiking up and glassin. well we saw quite a few deer but no pigs we stayed to 1 and taylar was hungry so we went for some lunch at the long horn and headed back for the evening hunt. well we saw more deer and no pigs, taylar was bummed but ready for tomorrow. Saturday morning carl had recruited scott and his brother jeff and their roommate derrick to help look for pigs. well taylar was tired from all the hiking so we sent the boys up the hills and we stayed on the lower hills. within 30 minutes we got the call pigs were spotted carl came down the hill mto take us towards the pigs. it just so happened that the pigs were in the denses cactus hills ever so some slow hiking and some crying and cactus pulling we were at our spot. we set taylar up on the ar-15 with her tripod and loc jaw system and waited for the pigs to step out of the brush. they held up for 30 minutes but seemed like for ever finally one stepped out in the open at 150 yards gthen a few more right behind it carl told her to wait til they went broad sideand then shoot. well the pigs started moving fairly quick and turned behind some mesquites with a small 3 foot shooting lane between some branches as soon as the pig got in the opening she shot and the pig went down instantly it was a great shot 130 yards from a 30 cliff above the pigs. well there was a lot of high fives and hugs maybe a tear or two none of wich came from the girl. it was one of the most exciting moments of my life to see it happen. I cant tell you how proud and excited i was. well we went down to check out the pig and it was a huge boar what a trophy for a first hunt. i just want thank team young gunz and scottand jeff beck and derrick for helping make a little girlz first hunt so memorable.also anyone with younger hunters cant say enough about the loc jaw system it works great

post-2408-0-78654900-1327987521_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-40026700-1327987555_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-56608400-1327987587_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-73880600-1327987621_thumb.jpg

Outstanding! Wowser, nothing gets my blood pumping faster than seeing those youth hunters taking their first big game, and Javelina are the perfect first AZ big game accomplishments.

What a huge boar - and I love the AR set-up. My youngest will be on his first hunt in a couple of weeks and I'm probably going to have him using a very similar AR (Mine's a Rock River with a 1" bull barrel and RRA 2-stage trigger). Very cool setup for kids because there is so little recoil. Mine's a little heavy though, he'll have to shoot off a bipod or tripod to be effective.

Great job to the little huntress - give her some high fives and knuckle pounding for us.

That is AWESOME!! Way to go, and a big congrats to your daughter. Great memories for sure.

AWESOME!!! Good for Taylor!

There is absolutely nothing like hunting with your children!!

Thanks for sharing with the site.

S.

:)

Great story. I love to see kids get into hunting, then see such a genuine smile of joy in the trophy photos. Congratulations to all.

Congratulations to all involved, just doesn't get any better than that first big game animal! Way to get her out in the woods, some awesome memories made right there. Great pics, the smile on her face and yours says it all!

Hands down the best Javelina hunt. I couldn't be more proud of Taylar and how she handled it better than you and I did. You weren't supposed to say anything about us crying dude ;). Love you guys, can't wait till the youth deer hunt now.

Carl

Congratulations to Taylor and yourself. Can't get enough of these youth hunts. The picture of you two is priceless to say the least. Looks like ya had a good team . Good job to everyone. :)

TJ

Wow! Congratulations to Taylar! Way to go Girl!!! B) Can tell Dad is certainly proud, I don't blame him, that's pretty awesome!

AWESOME!!!!

Way to go and congratulations to you all!

I can only imagine the elation felt right after the shot.

I've been there and it's the BEST, wouldn't trade it for anything.

Taylar...welcome to the club!

;)

...BIG CONGRAT'S TAYLOR...! :) Thank's for sharing... B)

Congrats to your girl! My girl also took her second pig last week also. Aint nothing better than watching your kids put the smackdown on big game.