audsley

Governor hearing a sales pitch for HB2072 today

I just learned from a reliable source that AZSFW supporters will be presenting their case for HB2072 to Governor Brewer today. With only one side of the story being presented, and the governor probably believing AZSFW is a legitimate voice for the state's sportsmen, there's a chance this bill could meet with the approval of the governor and her staff. Any measure that promises revenue by means other than a tax will have a certain level of appeal.

Those who agree with me that HB2072 is wrong should contact the governor's office as soon as possible. I wish I had an inside track to email addresses and phone numbers for the governor's staff, but I don't at the present time, so the best I can do is urge you to call or write today using the generic contact info at this link:

http://www.azgovernor.gov/Contact.asp

• Like 1

I just learned from a reliable source that AZSFW supporters will be presenting their case for HB2072 to Governor Brewer today. With only one side of the story being presented, and the governor probably believing AZSFW is a legitimate voice for the state's sportsmen, there's a chance this bill could meet with the approval of the governor and her staff. Any measure that promises revenue by means other than a tax will have a certain level of appeal.

Those who agree with me that HB2072 is wrong should contact the governor's office as soon as possible. I wish I had an inside track to email addresses and phone numbers for the governor's staff, but I don't at the present time, so the best I can do is urge you to call or write today using the generic contact info at this link:

http://www.azgovernor.gov/Contact.asp

Thanks Larry message sent to the Gov.

• Like 1

no surprises here. We need to get on this.

FYI, This is going to be an uphill battle because I know that at least one of their Sportsman Circle is very very influential with her.

This is SERIOUS right now! we need to express that azsfw 'DOES NOT' represent sportmen voice, they represent their own interests.

Kent

• Like 1

I think the Governor was in favor of HB2072 long before this meeting due to the potential economic benefit of the expo. I think she was upset when the bill was pulled and is now pushing for it to continue moving forward. You all really need to voice your opinion to the Governor's office ASAP.

• Like 1

Here is a contact who you may wish to Email Scott.Smith@AZdoa.gov

you may consider letting this person know that you are a sportsman and that AZSFW does not represent you. Also you may want to let the Governors office know that some organizations have in fact pulled their support from AZSFW.

I have heard from a friend who works at the capitol that Suzanne Gillstrap will be giving a presentation in a staff meeting with the Governor today!

• Like 1

Keep in mind that the Governor and staff have been sold that 2072 is an economic benefit to the State. This is not true since one Expo will put the other (ISE) expo out of business. The groups need to send emails along with sportsmen that AZSFW does not represent them. Also AZSFW is saying that their proposal will not affect the money already raised by the current Special Tag sales and the Arizona Big Game Super Raffle and last weekend at the ADA banquet it was clear that their are not a plethora of high bidders out their for more tags to flood the market.

As always please be respectful yet tactful in your comments.

• Like 1

nothing gets the media attention better than a rally at the state capitol showing evidence of what a crock this sfw is with big poster boards showing where all the money really goes!

• Like 1

Didn't SFW tell us the bill was dead? So, not only are they greedy, they are liars too.

If this does not convince the ADA and all other groups on the fence about supporting these douche bags to drop them, then memberships need to be cancelled in these groups ASAP.

After the initial uproar of HB2072, ASFW knew fully how Arizona sportsman felt about it. This just shows that ASFW does not care about Arizona Sportsman, as ASFW has shown its true colors. Selfish Greed hiding behind the name of wildlife conservation.

Here is where you can email the Governor.

http://azgovernor.gov/contact.asp

Here are the phone numbers

Phone Numbers

• Phoenix Office:
    Tucson Office:
    Fax Number:
    In-State Toll Free:

(602) 542-4331

(520) 628-6580

(602) 542-1381

1-800-253-0883 (outside Maricopa County only)