db cooper

Weird deaths!

The one with Randy Johnson is a classic. It will be replayed many times every year on baseball shows. What are the odds of that happening?.......BOB!

Nice thread topic!

My favorite was a day I was hiking in Unit 21, rocky with a lot of cholla. I was cresting a hill when I saw a big rock squirrel standing on his hind legs on the peak of the hill watching me. He seemed startled, and jumped off to the other side. When I get to the top, I see a big ball of cholla pods shaking and rolling around! I thought I had seen the true "jumping cactus" of lore, but upon closer inspection it was the squirrel covered head to toe in cholla balls! I guess he had been so startled that he jumped off the rock and down into a mound of cholla cactus.

Poor thing, I spent some time trying to pry some of those spines out of him, but some were really deep and he was having trouble breathing. I don't think I'd like to go that way. Death by cholla.

That'd have to be the worst way to die. Great for child molesters and hardcore gang members.
  • Like 4

In 6th grade, while on week long school trip,we were tenting just outside Phantom Ranch in the Grand Canyon . Having our back packs hung on lines did not stop this tight walking ring tailed cat from slithering his way into the back packs and stealing snacks during the first 2 nights. On the 3rd night that came to a stop, when he ended up hanging himself with a rope tie down while slithering out of pack. He was found hanging the next morning from a friends pack covered in orange and smelling of Doritos

• Like 1

Probably about 12 years or so ago after came across an elk carcass tangled in the top wire of the fence that runs around that big ranch on the north of Kendrick mountain. I thought there might be more so I walked the full length of two sides of the square shaped property and found a total of six elk carcasses tangled in that fence. Seems like it was more of an elk net than a fence really. I later heard that he was made to take down the top strand which was about 5 feet high at the time, but I dont know if its true or not. Havent been back since.

I also found a rather large javelina floating in a mine shaft full of water once. Water level was about 6 feet down, there was no escape for a person, much less a hooved animal.

More recently, my daughter and I saw an American alligator catch a duck and tear it apart over at the wildlife world zoo a few months ago. it was like watching a live episode from the discovery channel.

Probably about 12 years or so ago after came across an elk carcass tangled in the top wire of the fence that runs around that big ranch on the north of Kendrick mountain. I thought there might be more so I walked the full length of two sides of the square shaped property and found a total of six elk carcasses tangled in that fence. Seems like it was more of an elk net than a fence really. I later heard that he was made to take down the top strand which was about 5 feet high at the time, but I dont know if its true or not. Havent been back since.

I also found a rather large javelina floating in a mine shaft full of water once. Water level was about 6 feet down, there was no escape for a person, much less a hooved animal.

More recently, my daughter and I saw an American alligator catch a duck and tear it apart over at the wildlife world zoo a few months ago. it was like watching a live episode from the discovery channel.

Bull Basin Ranch, and the top strand is down now. I have seen deer do the same thing there in years past.

• Like 1

looked like to me his antlers got stuck between two of the main branches and he couldn't back out.

I was hiking in Zion national park about 20 years ago. We did the Angel's landing hike. If anyone has done it, they know that there is a little knob, the "landing" where you can sit and see a straight dropoff of 1,000 feet or so in every direction. The squirrels are pretty bold on that little knob and I kicked one that was getting on my foot. He had quite a fall down. I felt bad about that, and a buddy of mine still gives me crap about it.

I don't care what anyone says..this is no way to check out....

post-12458-0-15593600-1428877223.jpg

• Like 1

Came across this a few days ago while hiking. There was an eagle eating this turkey. Not sure if the Eagle killed it or what?post-12220-0-69908100-1428884355_thumb.jpg

• Like 1