db cooper

Weird deaths!

saw 2 plains hit and crash on the faine ranch on my sons archery antilope hunt about 9 years ago. 1st ones there that sucked both men died

We were glassing across a canyon and watched a Roadrunner kill a snake. Couldn't quite tell what type of snake but the battle was impressive. The fight took about 15 minutes before the bird ran off with the three foot snake.

I also have a covey of quail that visit the house. I watched a Roadrunner chasing down the baby quail and eating them like chicken nuggets.

Pretty tough bird........

We had a dove with a baby dove nesting in one of my wife's hanging potted plants in our front yard. One day wife wants to see if the doves are still there so she tilts the pot and scares the baby dove out of the nest. The little dove flies about 15 feet and a hawk swoops down takes it out in mid-air. Moral of story...don't nest in our plants.

• Like 3

I was dove hunting down by Tucson about 4 years ago. I saw a dove flying on a beeline right for me. As it got close I drew my gun and swung on it. It saw me do this and decided to make some evasive maneuvers only to fly right into a power line and decapitate itself. I bagged it without even firing a shot

• Like 1

/>I was dove hunting down by Tucson about 4 years ago. I saw a dove flying on a beeline right for me. As it got close I drew my gun and swung on it. It saw me do this and decided to make some evasive maneuvers only to fly right into a power line and decapitate itself. I bagged it without even firing a shot

Your brother and I were out quail hunting once and a covey of quail burst into flight across a revine right as I brought my gun up to fire on the one quail I picked out a red tailed hawk swooped it right outta the air I almost shot!!! Ry saw the whole thing his reaction was priceless.

Many of you will likely remember this dove that had a strange death!

Also, I was also playing golf a couple years ago and my friend's son hit a ball and it went up through a tree in front of us. Out fell a dead mourning dove! We gave him a "birdie" for the hole.

• Like 1

My brother and I were playing El Rio here in Tucson many years ago and he hit his ball into the tree in the middle of #2, out pops a dead dove and the ball stays in the nest. He got a birdie and a bogie on the same hole.

• Like 1

i was stalking in on a bigger buck and the wind swirled when I was about 40 yards away. So I knew I was busted after they started taking off. so I got up and was watching them to see where they would go and this last buck, just a little thing tried jumping a fence and got its head wrapped up in a barb wire in the tope to strands. I tried getting down there before it died but it broke its neck and died quick that is no way I would like to die.

Reading these brought back a lot of memories....

One time I was sitting a dirt tank for coyotes in 37B and watched a big ol' bull saunter in to get a drink. As he did he went into the water so his shoulders were just above the water. When he decided to leave, he couldn't pull his front feet out of the mud and he started lunging to get them free. As he did this, he stumbled and fell. The bull was thrashing the water so much, there were pretty big waves. He never got to his feet and drowned right there.

Another time, a friend, my youngest son and I were near 7 springs and found a cow buried in the mud and could not move. We tried everything but, finally had to throw a tow strap around her chest and drag her out with the truck. I was afraid we were gonna pinch her with the strap and cave her ribs in but, she walked off without a care in the world.

One time another friend and I went to check a G&F drinker. This drinker is on top of a mountain and takes a while to drive to. After we stopped and crossed the fence, we started seeing bones. Then found a deer fawn laying dead in the trail. The smell of death was everywhere as we walked around. In all we found 12 lion killed deer, most partially buried under the trees and bushes.

Don't know who it was or where but saw several pics of a man and his wife on a ride with their 2 dogs and they were riding mules. They came upon a mountain lion that was ready to attack the dogs. He got off and grabbed a gun but was too late. His mule took off and stomped, bit, kicked, stomped and kicked some more. The last pic I saw was the mule picking up the cat in his mouth and dropping. You may be able to find this on utube or some other site. Basic moral is...DON"T F^%$ with a mule.

Ok..This story is fake but I just can't believe a mule would play with a dead cat like this..wow.... You can see the pictures of the mule biting and throwing the cat in the air . Just google mule kills mountain lion.

Thought this was pretty cool!

A Loggerhead Shrike probably did that. You Tube it.

• Like 2