Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

Best broadhead for deer

I currently use Tekan II Mech. broadheads(100 grain) I've had a slight problem with them deploying in my quiver. I am thinking of swicthing to a fixed broadhead and trying the new sonic pro broadheads.

I would appreciate everyones input on their tried, true, & tested broadheads.

I would say the one in the deer. :angry:

I like the fixed blades the best.

Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain fixed blade for ELK!

Muzzy 4 blade 100grain fixed blade for Deer!

Great performance and as they say "Bad to the BONE" -

0 complaints!

I've not thought of changing and it's nice piece of mind to have confidence in the broadhead.

Lots of product on the market , started with Muzzy and still going strong.

Good Luck

AzP&Y

Doug

I have had good luck with rocket steelheads.The animals i have hit with them do not go far and they bleed real good.Ihave tried fixed blade heads and have not had good luck with arrow flight and consistant placement.

I'll also give the nod to the Muzzy's. It's the one factor in my archery set up that never changes. I prefer the 4 blade 90 grain for everything from pigs to bull elk.

I use nothing but Vortex for deer. I have taken a few deer and just made traking better with the 2 inch cut, I even blew through a mule deer buck at 100 yards with a Vortex broke a rib.

100 yards!!!!! That's not bow-hunting, flingin at that range must be why you have "BRKNAROWS." ;)

230 grain Wensel Woodsmens, "Big holes and serious drips."

I hsoot 100 grain magnus buzzcuts, my girlfriend shoots 100 gr magnus stingers, both are great broadheads and leave one heck of a trail. Easy to sharpen to. Daniel

Use to use the latest mechanicals that came out. Rockets, Game Trackers, Nap ect. Never had a problem with penetration or arrows glancing off animals or with the blades not opening. The mechanicals just were too much of a hassle with rubber bands, replacing practice blades, noisy in the quiver ect. Changed to muzzy 4 blade 100 grain and no more worries. Fly straight and penetrate well. Can buy replacements nearly anywhere. Simplified my life. Will probably never change.

Bob