Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Political discussions & cwt

Political discussions is the one thing I dislike the most. I will not allow it in my hunt camps around the campfires and I truely hate the negative it brings out in good people. This latest post on HB2072, here on cwt, is a good example. I joined this site back in 2007 and it has been a big part of my life ever since. It has been my therapy and my entertainment for the last several years. CWT.com has become a part of my life that I'm proud to say has made me a better person because of the friends I've made thru this site.

Come on guys, for just a little while, let's set aside this issue and think about all we have to do as hunters such as habitat preservation, protecting our right to hunt while upholding and enhanching hunting's image, and assuring hunting's future by getting more young people involved. Let's celebrate what we love to do. No name calling, no apologies, no guilt, no worries.....just a chance to focus on the thoughts and memories that we really care for.

Amanda has established an awesume site and I have to say I don't know what I would do without it. Thank you Amanda and thanks to all the members who make this site what it is. Maybe I drank to many beers writing this but it is what it is and let me finish by saying I'm glad we have our moderators montoring. With this being a family site I support their decision in editing whatever they feel needs to be done. :)

TJ

• Like 3

Political discussions is the one thing I dislike the most. I will not allow it in my hunt camps around the campfires and I truely hate the negative it brings out in good people. This latest post on HB2072, here on cwt, is a good example. I joined this site back in 2007 and it has been a big part of my life ever since. It has been my therapy and my entertainment for the last several years. CWT.com has become a part of my life that I'm proud to say has made me a better person because of the friends I've made thru this site.

Come on guys, for just a little while, let's set aside this issue and think about all we have to do as hunters such as habitat preservation, protecting our right to hunt while upholding and enhanching hunting's image, and assuring hunting's future by getting more young people involved. Let's celebrate what we love to do. No name calling, no apologies, no guilt, no worries.....just a chance to focus on the thoughts and memories that we really care for.

Amanda has established an awesume site and I have to say I don't know what I would do without it. Thank you Amanda and thanks to all the members who make this site what it is. Maybe I drank to many beers writing this but it is what it is and let me finish by saying I'm glad we have our moderators montoring. With this being a family site I support their decision in editing whatever they feel needs to be done. :)

TJ

HERE HERE!!! TJ that is what needed to be said and I for one am glad to converse with you even if we have never met face-to-face. Thank you for all of your kind words throughout the posts you have responded to or started. Stephen (Elkhunter1)

• Like 1

Thats a great idea - lets all just relax -I'd be happy to join you.

BUT thats exactly what they want - for us to give up - forget about it

I wish it never started

It's not about all the good things - it's changed everything - sad to say

It's changed you , it's changed me- everyone!

****THEY WILL NOT STOP **** they have proved that - I can't quit now!

One can not quit till its over or you've already lost!

This is too important to lose!

It's here - It's happening NOW

We have to deal with it! one way or another thats my.02

• Like 3

Political discussions is the one thing I dislike the most. I will not allow it in my hunt camps around the campfires and I truely hate the negative it brings out in good people. This latest post on HB2072, here on cwt, is a good example.

TJ,

I tried to send you a PM.

With all due respect, this is a section of CWT entitled "Political Discussions -

This forum is for discussion politics related to hunting"

The latest post on HB2072 did not use any profanity, nor did it engage in any name calling. It was merely a call to action on the BIGGEST political issue to face hunters in years. To do as you suggest and "set aside this issue" is not up to those opposing the concept. As long as those proposing this for Arizona continue, there must be effective voices in opposition.

Bruce Johnson

• Like 2

Thats a great idea but thats exactly what they want - for us to give up - forget about it

I wish it never started

It's not about all the good things - it's changed everything - sad to say

It's changed you , it's changed me- everyone!

****THEY WILL NOT STOP **** they have proved that - I can't quit now!

One can not quit till its over or you've already lost!

This is too important to lose! thats my.02

Gary, all I'm saying is let's take a break and focuss on some positive so we can breath some fresh air.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words TJ!! I am always an advocate of focusing on the positive. But I certainly think this issue is way too important to just let it be for now. But surely we can find a way to unite against the bill AND come together to find solutions to the problems that wildlife and hunting is facing. Perhaps the meeting on the 22nd at AGFD will be a great start toward that. As I understand it, the meeting is intended to get people to focus on ways of uniting sportsmen. I hope as many of you as possible will be attending that meeting.

• Like 1

Political discussions is the one thing I dislike the most. I will not allow it in my hunt camps around the campfires and I truely hate the negative it brings out in good people. This latest post on HB2072, here on cwt, is a good example.

TJ,

I tried to send you a PM.

With all due respect, this is a section of CWT entitled "Political Discussions -

This forum is for discussion politics related to hunting"

The latest post on HB2072 did not use any profanity, nor did it engage in any name calling. It was merely a call to action on the BIGGEST political issue to face hunters in years. To do as you suggest and "set aside this issue" is not up to those opposing the concept. As long as those proposing this for Arizona continue, there must be effective voices in opposition.

Bruce Johnson

Thanks Bruce for your opinion. When I said set aside I meant we need to take a break from what's important. Yes, this issue is very important, but let's stay focuss at the same time and don't loose focuss on our hunting heritage. :)

TJ

• Like 1

" let's stay focuss at the same time and don't loose focuss on our hunting heritage."

I thought that was exactly what we were / are fighting for - our future hunting heritage - free of more tags for sale!

• Like 1

TJ,

I agree, it's easy to forget the simple and important things in life when all this is going on.

I'm with you on taking a breather. Right now we must remain vigilant as things are progressing at a fast pace.

This is where "doing" is more important that "talking" if you know what I mean.

I hope I don't have to explain myself on that one.

I do think people know what you mean.

TJ,

I hear ya! I don't allow it in my camp either. But since I pretty much hunt by myself, I don't worry about it too much. ;)

HB2072 pushed a button with alot of folks, and we end up venting our frustrations through a keyboard, and many people end up on edge about things. Especially in these difficult economic times.

I think what some people are misunderstanding is that a call to action does not mean getting on CWT and start name calling and fighting amongst ourselves. A call to action means calling or writing letters to those that can actually do something about it. As far as I am concerned there could have been 1 post in that thread telling everyone what was going on. After that it did not get one single thing done except divide us. And that is my .02

• Like 1

I think what some people are misunderstanding is that a call to action does not mean getting on CWT and start name calling and fighting amongst ourselves. A call to action means calling or writing letters to those that can actually do something about it. As far as I am concerned there could have been 1 post in that thread telling everyone what was going on. After that it did not get one single thing done except divide us. And that is my .02

Excellent way of putting it.....good .02 cents worth...

I agree with that AZbowhtr...to me the rhetoric is a waste of time. What makes a real difference are actions....writing and calling your legislators and letting them know where you stand on this bill or anything like it. Call your friends and get them informed, get them to contact their legislators as well. The proponents of the bill believe passionately in what they are doing....you have to convince your legislators that this is the wrong direction.

Political discussions is the one thing I dislike the most. I will not allow it in my hunt camps

TJ

I have heard of "camps" similar to this, where Political, Religious, or Conterversial discussions are not allowed, but most of these "camps" are located in Siberia, USSR...

• Like 1

Political discussions is the one thing I dislike the most. I will not allow it in my hunt camps

TJ

I have heard of "camps" similar to this, where Political, Religious, or Conterversial discussions are not allowed, but most of these "camps" are located in Siberia, USSR...

Not to but heads again but, I know several persons that won't listen to or partake in political discussions. I applaud TJ on not having those discussions in his camps. I truly believe that is where the conversation should be of a "GOOD AND FUN" variety. Those should be happy and fun times, not turned into an argument that would put a sour taste in ones mouth for the duration of the hunting camp. I too would not want that in my camp.