Sign in to follow this  
sandman

Awesome shed trip

just got back from three days in the hills looking for sheds. It was one of our best trips yet. Day one started out with a lot of excitement when I glassed up a mountain lion bedded under a tree. My dad had his rifle and was able to bag his first lion.post-5831-0-38831300-1332735702_thumb.jpg

My dad headed to town to check in his lion while colton and I kept looking for sheds. The rest of the day was fairly slow resulting in only one brown 6 point and an old rag horn chalk before dark. We made camp and had an awesome dinner of hot dogs over a campfire and slept under the stars. The next morning started off with a bang again as I found a brown shed laying in the middle of the road on our way to the next spot. We love to find easy ones like this and start counting before we start walking.post-5831-0-14330700-1332735950_thumb.jpg

When we arrived to our spot colton immediately glassed up the brow tines of a shed in the bottom of a canyon. We did not know how big it was but colton decided to hike down to get it and we were suprised to find a giant.post-5831-0-21221700-1332736106_thumb.jpg

The next walk went well and I found my best shed to date. This beast had a 24.5 inch royal.post-5831-0-40954000-1332736247_thumb.jpg

All in all it was a great time and I can't wait to get out and do it again.post-5831-0-87114900-1332736336_thumb.jpg

Huge Congrats on the Lion!!!! Great job on the sheds to!!!

B) Nice lion!!!

:o if that guys wasn't broken up ... he woulda been a giant

Very nice outing!!

Great job guys! Kitty down!

Shed in the middle of the road too funny!

AzP&Y

Went shed hunting and shot a lion. That's sorta like went fishing and found a winning lottery ticket. Great job, thanks for posting.