I would not spend much time in the interview talking about 2072. That bill number is dead and doesn't really mean anything now. Talk about stealing public assets for the monetary gain of lobbyist, using power and money to circumvent current rules and regulations, etc.

Also, it is probably a direct violation of the Gift Clause. Also mention that you will contacting the Goldwater Institute to get a clarification of the legality of this. They are the consumer watchdog group for tax payers and they pay specific attention to any possible violation of the gift clause.

Kind of a stretch to compare a few auction tags controlled by G&F to stealing 300+ tags with zero transparency. Nice try though.

My response to this thread dealt specifically with the remark about pitting auction hunters against regular joe hunters. Auction tags have benefited every single hunter in AZ period whether you will admit it or not! To go on TV and condemn the evil auction hunter is stupid and ignorant. Again, if they want to oppose legislation as a whole, good on em, but as a hunter myself, to publically condemn a program that has huge benefits in terms of hundreds of water projects, some habitat projects and various studies is counter productive to Arizona hunting overall. Set your blinders down for a second and look outside your boxes for a moment...

If 2072 is so dam good for Arizona then why don't you take all of the private groups out of the bill and name AZGFD the only ones that can auction off the tags. At least then we all can see where the money is going. NO PRIVATE HANDS ON THE MONEY

To be honest I fear these guys a lot more than any hippie I have run into. These guys are out to fundamentally change game management in our state and to circumvent our Game and Fish people. I do think if they get this forced through we will turn to the public interst groups for a class action lawsuit where the legislature will have to defend their position. Not defensible IMO and would certainly be able to force full transparency which is the last thing these people want.

I am not afraid of these clowns as I think the majority will speak against them. I am not dealing secretly with this like our counterparts. I am not dividing the hunting community, they did themselves by bringing this ridiculous bill to be proposed. It is at our doorstep, and I will fight.

Kind of a stretch to compare a few auction tags controlled by G&F to stealing 300+ tags with zero transparency. Nice try though.

My response to this thread dealt specifically with the remark about pitting auction hunters against regular joe hunters. Auction tags have benefited every single hunter in AZ period whether you will admit it or not! To go on TV and condemn the evil auction hunter is stupid and ignorant. Again, if they want to oppose legislation as a whole, good on em, but as a hunter myself, to publically condemn a program that has huge benefits in terms of hundreds of water projects, some habitat projects and various studies is counter productive to Arizona hunting overall. Set your blinders down for a second and look outside your boxes for a moment...

If 2072 is so dam good for Arizona then why don't you take all of the private groups out of the bill and name AZGFD the only ones that can auction off the tags. At least then we all can see where the money is going. NO PRIVATE HANDS ON THE MONEY

I would support that 110%! My main objective is funding for all the different things that build and maintain our game numbers. The reason I supported the original bill was i did not beleive like the rest of you that Hamberlin and the SFW was a bunch of crooks. Was the bill written poorly, YES! Was the fact it was backdoored a stupid idea, YES!! But I feel that it wasn't a ploy to make the rich richer but a ploy to gather the money needed for AZ to better its wildlife situation, which is indeed diminshing.

• Like 1

I would support that 110%! My main objective is funding for all the different things that build and maintain our game numbers. The reason I supported the original bill was i did not beleive like the rest of you that Hamberlin and the SFW was a bunch of crooks. Was the bill written poorly, YES! Was the fact it was backdoored a stupid idea, YES!! But I feel that it wasn't a ploy to make the rich richer but a ploy to gather the money needed for AZ to better its wildlife situation, which is indeed diminshing.

I know little Johnson is pro 2072 but I also know that the group in the interview won't chase the red herring of bashing rich boys that can't hunt by themselves. This is exactly what I wanted to happen. Light of day from the media and the rats at the Capitol will run and hide. This is an abuse of a public resource to benefit a handful of people. Brewer may find her hands full explaining her honorary chairman positions as well as the legislator tags. Good job and knock'em dead boys.
let me clear here fellers. I strongly support the right of every american to have and voice an opinion on any issue. I do fully support auction tags, I have never bought one and will never have the funds to do so barring a lottery win. But I recognize the need to compile funds to pay for a whole score of things that will be beneficial to everyone that hunts and fishes. Auction tags are a awesome revenue generator and have proven there worth many times over for several years right here in AZ in units that you guys hunt every year. If you want to go and voice your concerns about a piece of legislation thats one thing, but to directly do as JaviHummer says and condemn auction tags as opposed to "Regular Meat Hunters" is rediculous and counter productive to the overall picture here.Do any single one of you have any idea what the benifits have been in units like 12A, 13A, 13B, 9, 10 and others if not for auction tags!!! Some of you are in over your heads....

you say "rediculous" Actually your statements are ridiculous. I think that your smart head is in the wrong place. You are the problem not the solution.

I don't know the complete history of the current 30 auction tags provided by the Commission/Department at this time. I do know that there is certain amount of angst among sportsmen regarding them. While the Department definitely needs funding they are wise enough to know that prociding more auction tags would inflame sportsmen and cause some to quit. More auction tags would be counter productive to the efforts to retain and recruit sportsmen.

The Department needs funding but they are inclined to put a greater burden on sportsmen unless absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

"i did not beleive like the rest of you that Hamberlin and the SFW was a bunch of crooks"

no , not just one!

what ticked me off the most was the changing the rule of game bag limits on the auction/governor tags

that way these hamberlins-greens- pearces could come here yr in and yr out - at their leisure and take the very best from the herds- especially when they are in velvet- the most sought after trophies!!- not just one but all they want! and the antelope /sheep - people wait lifetimes for a tag these money boys could take one from every unit! every yr.

why the change of the bag limit if not to take the very best from every unit in the state! and not just one - all they can afford to buy - ITS TOTAL B.S.

Interview went well. Bill Mclane, Christine Smith, Mark Smith, Ryan and I were there. (Hunter smith-mark & Christine's grandson was there also). Crystal Cruz interviewed us and asked alot of questions. The show is supposed to air tomorrow night at 4:30......We met at AZGFD headquarters which I thought was a nice touch..............Thanks Crystal for letting us Average Joe's have some air time...........Allen Taylor............

• Like 3

Interview went well. Bill Mclane, Christine Smith, Mark Smith, Ryan and I were there. (Hunter smith-mark & Christine's grandson was there also). Crystal Cruz interviewed us and asked alot of questions. The show is supposed to air tomorrow night at 4:30......We met at AZGFD headquarters which I thought was a nice touch..............Thanks Crystal for letting us Average Joe's have some air time...........Allen Taylor............

GREAT WORK guys and gals!!!!!

Bruce

Johnson. The current auction tag monies go to azgfd to be used specifically for conservation efforts whic is good. I'm pretty sure the same thing cannot be said for the proposed legislation if one were to read it.

Tell me how the sfw has helped Utah? I think we've all seen the numbers by now. Tell me why would Hamberlin spend so much of his personal money on getting this passed and please for god sake don't say he hasn't because I know for a fact he has. Is it because hes so happy to spend his money for the wildlife of our state? Tell me a businessman like him that does this. Nope that's not sound business unless there's somethin in it for him.

A little education. I know the people behind the scenes. I know what they stand to gain from it. It pays to listen sometimes.

So now go ahead and defend it. Would like to hear it really .

I can't remember anyone opposing the current auction tag program. Where did you pull that out of?

I have always opposed auction tags, simply for the reason that AZG&F gives out a few auction tags to orgs,and now everyone(AZSFW) wants more. The auction tag system opened a big can of worms.