Sign in to follow this  
Apache7mm

Black River & Salt River now open...

post-5748-0-74810100-1338269893_thumb.jpg

Spent the weekend down there. This is the biggest bass I caught

Nice bass. Looks like there is a lot less silt and mud where you were.

Been close to 20yrs since I've fished their. Thanks for the pictures everyone. :)

TJ

Been close to 20yrs since I've fished their. Thanks for the pictures everyone. :)

TJ

same here maybe a little longer.

never been without my dad.

whats the difference between going in on the san carlos side vs. the whitemnt apache side?

we used to go in by george's basin.

James

TJ

same here maybe a little longer.

never been without my dad.

whats the difference between going in on the san carlos side vs. the whitemnt apache side?

we used to go in by george's basin.

James

Same here James, From what I remember that's where we went in from also. Camped right next to the river and I fly fished while the rest used spinning outfits. We caught lots of fish but can't remember catching any larger than 2lbs. Spent 1 whole day sitting in the tent with 7 guys because of it raining all day. Eating beans for super the night before made it very unpleasent. :)

TJ

Here are a couple pictures from our trip last Wednesday. When we fished the Rapalas, we had a number of two fish on one cast episodes. Enjoy!

post-2155-0-12684300-1338402045_thumb.jpg

post-2155-0-38806700-1338402060_thumb.jpg

post-2155-0-62907700-1338402076_thumb.jpg

I sure wish I knew what happened. I've checked the card and the camera's internal memory, and NADA - Zilch on the entire day, and we took lots of pix. Kind of a bummer on one hand, but we'll always have the memories.

Coach,

You might try ZAR to see if it can get anything off your card.

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm

I will know after tonight. I have several different freinds up there fishing it yesterday and today. Will post when I find out....Justin

I fished it yesterday and today. Where we fished there were LOTS of fish, but mostly small. I stayed in one spot yesterday and literally caught fish on almost every cast for about half an hour - but almost all were in the 1/2 pound to 3/4 pound range. I would say conservatively I caught over 70 fish yesterday and my buddy caught around 40 - but mostly small. Today I fished with the family and we caught quite a few in the same area, - a couple in the pound-and-half range, but none of the 2-3 pounders.

When the wind let down and the water was calm, it was really fun to get them to come up and hit on the surface. I'd throw a Rebel Craw at the opposite bank and just let if float - usually it would get hit floating within a couple seconds. If not as soon as I started reeling, it would usually get hit.

Looks like there is less silt and ash too, which is good. Lots of crayfish, and for the first time in a long time, I'm not seeing any of the seed-looking parasitic worms that are usually in the meat of the fish.

I fished it yesterday and today. Where we fished there were LOTS of fish, but mostly small. I stayed in one spot yesterday and literally caught fish on almost every cast for about half an hour - but almost all were in the 1/2 pound to 3/4 pound range. I would say conservatively I caught over 70 fish yesterday and my buddy caught around 40 - but mostly small. Today I fished with the family and we caught quite a few in the same area, - a couple in the pound-and-half range, but none of the 2-3 pounders.

When the wind let down and the water was calm, it was really fun to get them to come up and hit on the surface. I'd throw a Rebel Craw at the opposite bank and just let if float - usually it would get hit floating within a couple seconds. If not as soon as I started reeling, it would usually get hit.

Looks like there is less silt and ash too, which is good. Lots of crayfish, and for the first time in a long time, I'm not seeing any of the seed-looking parasitic worms that are usually in the meat of the fish.

Wow Coach! Thanks for the report. Sounds like the river is coming back nicely!

S.

:)

Last few days of April (during the turkey hunt) I drove down to ten of diamonds. FWIW, talked to two guys who claimed to have fished the Black for two days and caught zilch.

Guys, great to here the river is open, anyone know if you can get into George's basin? Wanted to take my boy down this weekend

been years for me but thinking about doing a trip......

http://www.wmatoutdoors.org/fishing_regulations

James