Sign in to follow this  
azhunter23

Meat grinders

Just wondering if any one on this site uses the cabelas meat grinders. Just purchased the 1 hp online. They are on sale from $529 to $369. Just looking for some local reviews.

Thanks

I have the hundred dollar model, I think 1/3 hp. It has worked well and will spit out meat fast enough to keep you really busy. I hope you have some packaging help. Between ranch beef and game I buy roasts, briskest, whatever's on sale and grind them for burger. You get a lot better burger if you do this at half the cost of pre ground extra lean.

You won't go wrong with any of the horse power grinders. I think mine is a 1/3 hr power and it does everything I need it to do. Elk or deer isn't a problem. I'm sure the more HP the better the grind but my little grinder does just everything I want it to do. :)

TJ

good grinders, kind of heavy tho, a 1/2 hp would have been sufficient for the average hunter. I have a 1.5 hp from Cabela's and my only complaint is the weight, and I don't whine that much about it because I got it for $200 at the Bargain Cave.

Next pick up Bruce Aidell's Complete Sausage Book, it has about 50 to 60 recipes for 2 to 5 lb batches, buy your spices in bulk from Sprout's, Penzy's or WinCo and it is a lot cheaper. I mix 1/3 to 1/2 pork to game, depends on what I am making and how much sausage I want.

I have the biggest one they make.We butcher all our beef here at the ranch,plus all the wild game.It is rated at 18-22 lbs a minute,and it doesn't take long to go through it.On Cabelas reviews a guy went through 5 moose 1 day!!!It works great.

yea, mine will spit out meat faster than I can feed it, the 2nd and 3rd grindings come out quickly too, for years I used a small counter top, took me a week to put up 1 bull and 2 cow elk one fall, that's when I stepped up to a big one.

I have the bottom of the line Cabelas grinder. I think it was $79 about 15 years ago. It has ground over 1000 pounds of meat and a bunch of green corn. Still going strong.

Just picked up a 3/4 h.p. great investment. Thanks for the heads up on this deal. At $130 off..... can't beat that.

It is a heavy unit with the 1 HP motor, but it idles through tough grinding jobs with without bogging down. The stainless steel head, grinding plate and cutting blades never rust and clean up nicely. It pushes the grind into the plastic freezer bags easlily with the stuffing tubes that come with the unit.

The reverse is a nice feature although you will rarely need it . I have never had a jam in mine that made it neccessary to use the reverse feature.

I've had my Cabelas 1 HP for 5 years and it's never missed a beat. I've put many a Javelina ,deer, pigs and bear through it and never had a problem. Ground an elk up with no trouble last September You made a good investment !! B)

I've got the cheapest Cabela's grinder too, and it has worked flawlessly with hundreds of pounds of meat now. BTW, it is on sale right now for $69.99, regularly $119.99. That's a smoking deal.