Sign in to follow this  
peckl1

1 less deer killer

I decided to sit a waterhole in 36A this afternoon. I have been seeing mountain lion tracks at this waterhole for months. Tonight I got a chance to see the lion that was making them. My 30-30 did not let me down.

post-88-0-94461300-1337585484_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your lion. Patience paid off for sure. It is very rewarding when it finally all comes togther. Thanks for sharing! :)

TJ

AWESOME! Cool that you did it with a 30-30, too! Would like to see a pic of your rifle. I have an 1894 model that I LOVE!

S.

:)

Awesome and congrats! Did G&F say how long they generally live in the wild? Was she in good shape? Hard to tell from the pics but the face looks thin. How did the teeth look?

Great job!!!!! I think this will help a little with deer down there!

Game and fish said this was one of the oldest they had ever checked. Her teeth were very worn. Between the canines the teeth were done to the jaw bone. The canines were worn down to at least half the usual size of a mature lion. When I got her to Weller"s they said it was the oldest lion they had ever seen. I'm having them do a rug and clean up the skull. I'll post the results when they are done.

Awesome! Love the old 30-30s! ;) I took mine on my muley hunt last fall. Left the .7MM at home. Never got within shooting distance of anything I wanted to kill, but I enjoyed having it in my hands again. The gun I 'grew-up' huning with..... :)

S.

:)

Congrats! Although I'm not sure how many deer you saved given her age and condition. But I'm sure the skunk population will be booming now!! Seriously, good job!