Sign in to follow this  
daryl_s

Weird Combo

Part of what makes trail cams so much fun is never knowing what you're going to get when you upload that card to your computer.

I know the lion is obvious but look a little closer and you'll see another cool critter in there.

1987.jpg

How rare it must be to get those two together in the same trail cam picture. I thought it was pretty unique. I hope you enjoy.

That's pretty neat. What are the chances of that? Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

That's a great pic! Lion and a Gila Monster all in one photo!

That is pretty cool!!! How many times did you admire that pic before realizing the Gila Monster was there?

2 elusive critters in one shot! What are the odds !

+ 1! Awesome picture! If you said you had a pic of a lion and one other animal, I'm pretty sure that gila monster would not make my top ten list of guesses.

Thanks for posting!

I didn't notice it right away. I actually have over 50 pictures of this lion at this spot over a 10 day period. He killed a deer in front of this tank and virtually lived in this spot for the next 10 days. The deer is right about where the lion is at but you can't see it in the pictures. I was out of town for a few weeks and my dad went and changed the card out for me. We've seen this lion on camera off and on for more than a year now in this spot. We've also seen a lot less deer activity in this spot in that same time. Probably time to do something about it. I saw two gila monsters and a really cool looking coral snake in one morning going into this spot in April of 2011. It was the first time I saw a gila monster in the wild and seeing 2 in one morning was just a bonus.

wow- I bet it's the first gila monster ever caught on a trail cam- they probably move so slow it does not trigger the cam- awesome pic- if there was a trail cam contest this would be the most unique