Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Keeping OHV Secure while hunting - How?

I had a great big, thick, chain, with a paddle lock with a shroud that cannot be cut. I run it through both rear rims. Pull the spark plug wire off the spark plug. I worry more about vandalism, then theft.

Wire in a hidden ignition switch. Put a Game Cam up watchin it!. A key pad ignition would be a great feature for OHV & ATV ... The hardware store has cheap battery operated motion alarms also! What would be cool is a motion activated red laser dot aimed at the drivers seat position.....

Take your girlfriend with you and have her sit on it and read a book with a 45 on the hip till you get back haha

My wife won't let my girlfriend ride the quads! :P

Take the key! Also leave a spent case on the seat or visible on one of your bags. :ph34r: If someone takes it then they are stupid & crazy!

• Like 1

Good topic, I was thinking about the same thing. This will be the 1st yr I might have my rhino out and I wasn't too sure if there was a problem leaving it on side of a road all day.

Don't hide the key. I once hid my key under a rock and it took me over an hour to find which rock it was. I had walked a ways before I did this stupid thing and was at a panic with 5 miles to walk in the dark before I remembered. It would have been a long night. Put it in your pack. :huh:

TJ

Take your girlfriend with you and have her sit on it and read a book with a 45 on the hip till you get back haha

My wife won't let my girlfriend ride the quads! :P

Take the key! Also leave a spent case on the seat or visible on one of your bags. :ph34r: If someone takes it then they are stupid & crazy!

This is pretty funny and clever RC!

That doesn't work. :angry: I tried that and she told every hunter that came by where I was sitting. I lost count after 6 of them walked in on me. My next girlfriend won't be a blonde. :rolleyes:

TJ

My luck I would lose a girlfriend, a pistol, and a UTV!

Them I'm just walking home to my wife!

My luck I would lose a girlfriend, a pistol, and a UTV!

Them I'm just walking home to my wife!

Haha you got to keep the cave warm jonny with those girlfriends unless they'll find another mans cave that is warm lol

I have never had a problem in the woods, I lock my ranger to a tree if I am out in a busy area. Lately I just turn the wheels sharp and put "The club" on the steering wheel. If they want it that bad they are going to take it...

Whitey