Sign in to follow this  
Couesnut

Duwane Adams

Has anyone used his Map service?? What did you think?? I'm trying to decide if I can afford to go fully outfitted, for my 12a hunt or just use his maps & advise.

DH

He kills awesome deer every year on the kaibab....Would be money well spent hunting with him!!

He is definately one of the best out there. I cant beleive the quality of deer he finds for people. He is very good at what he does and i think it would be well worth it to go fully outfitted. And Rombo ive never met you in person but im the guy who found your wallet a few years back in some rugged country.

Awesome map service. I would definitely recommend it and use his services again for the next time I draw.

Super person, honest and genuine.

Very good at putting people on big bucks in the Kaibab!

He's got many guides that are absolute KILLERS of big bucks.

I've met him a couple times, He has given me some advice that changed the way I look for game. I imagine that if I was ever going to hire a guide it would be Duwane.

I've met him a couple times, He has given me some advice that changed the way I look for game. I imagine that if I was ever going to hire a guide it would be Duwane.

Same here....He and his guides have the knowledge and are very professional. They go the extra mile every day and have the eyes of a hawk and miss nothing! The best!

Ernesto C

He's got many guides that are absolute KILLERS of big bucks.

Isn't this the truth!

Guys....

I know Duwane. He & his operation is not the ?? It's 100% bar none

Has anyone used his, OR anyones map service ??

Pullin the trigger on the $$$ is tough right now. Still pondering.

DH

I used his map service 6 or 7 years ago. When I got the maps at first thought I was kind of pissed off. They were forest service maps with areas circled and some arrows pointing in different directions. There was also a couple sheets of paper with notes printed on them. The more I got to reading and looking at the maps the more impressed I was. He gives you areas for if the weather is still warm and also if they get some snow and freezes. More importanly he tells you how to hunt the areas that he has sent you. The important thing is to try your best to get up there at least once and look at the country so that you can actually see what is on the map. I was so glad that I did the map service. If you are doing it this year I would hurry so that he can get everything to you. I shot a nice buck and the other guy that split the cost of the map service missed a 200" buck. He miss judged the distance and shot under it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I had the hunt a few years ago, and I ran into him and his guides a few times on my hunt. They actually shot a buck about a 100 yards away from me that I was trying to locate. They were across the canyon and killed him from 600 yards away. I was frustrated, and went to where I heard the thwap. I found the dead buck, and yeah it was him. I waited for the guys to show up at the deer and then we got to talking. Seems we had been hunting the same bucks for most of the hunt. They saw me everyday, and I saw them. Turned out to be good guys and just got a better angle on the hill than I did. If you have never hunted 12aw late, I will tell you that you will have plenty of opportunites without hiring a guide. I would say 150" is just about a given. Finding the 180's or better gets alot tougher. If money is tight, I would say get up there 4 days before your hunt and do some glassing. You will find plenty of bucks and just need to figure out what you are holding out for. If you need any pointers PM me and I will gladly help you out any way I can.