Sign in to follow this  
Chimichanga

Unit 27 Archery Bear!

The buddies Dustin, James, Austin, Scott, and Dusty and I went out opening morning to try and fling some arrows at bears.After seeing 2 bears in the morning with no success we decided to try a different spot in the afternoon. Scott glassed up this sow a few ridges over and the stalk was on!

post-5062-0-99573700-1346037442_thumb.jpg

James and myself closed the gap on the sow while Dustin and Scott set up behind the video camera to try and shoot some footage. We manage to get to the juniper tree where we last saw the bear but could not locate her right away. James looks down the hill and catches a glimpse of the top of the bears head. He ranges the bear at 24 yards as I take a step forward and draw my Bear Assualt back. My closest pin is set at 40 yards so I aim a little low on the chest as she is facing me. Upon impact of the Tekan T3 broadhead she drops in her tracks. The broadhead went in the right side of the skull and the tip came through the left side. I was extremely impressed with the Tekan T3 broadhead. Thanks to all my hunting buddies for making this a memorable season already. Hope we can fill a few more of the tags before the unit reaches its sow limit.

post-5062-0-86857900-1346039355_thumb.jpg

post-5062-0-15529400-1346039607_thumb.jpg

post-5062-0-90022500-1346039876_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on a great achievement. Looks like there were a couple killed out there this weekend.

Head Shot nice!

Nice Job! Always nice when things come together.

Congratulations Chimichanga and the rest of your hunty buddies for their help. That's a dandy of a bear. Great pictures of ya'all and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Everyone but me went back out hunting today,I had to work. Just got a call from the buddies that they arrowed two more this afternoon. I'll let them tell you the story but I have a pic of one of them and its a heck of a boar. Congrats guys.

Scott showed me pictures of the other two bears today! Austin's bear is BIG!

Congrats on your bear!

Jeff