Sign in to follow this  
peckl1

Another example of bad hunting ethics

Well my Dove season started off great. I got to my favorite spot at 5 am. No one in sight. First come first served right. At 6:15 3 pickups pull up. Driver in the first truck asked are you hunting alone? Yes I say. He says well we won't interfere with your hunt. Then proceeds to drive over to my truck followed by the other 2 trucks. They park and start to set up. I walk over and ask where do they plan to hunt? Right here they say. Where are you going to hunt? I tell them right here. They say well there is plenty of room here. I put my stuff in the truck and drive off.

No need to be sprayed by other people (won't call them hunters). No need to get in a fight there were 6 of them. There are plenty of other good places to hunt. After I had my limit I drove by them and they were still there.

Wish some people were a little more considerate.

Lee

• Like 1

We had something similar happen, but I thought hey this area is big enough for all of us. Well we got sprayed a few times but hey sometimes that happens. Then I got drilled the hardest i have ever been hit, fortunately my 3 year old son who was with me was not hit. Next time I will leave before getting shot.

Well my Dove season started off great. I got to my favorite spot at 5 am. No one in sight. First come first served right. At 6:15 3 pickups pull up. Driver in the first truck asked are you hunting alone? Yes I say. He says well we won't interfere with your hunt. Then proceeds to drive over to my truck followed by the other 2 trucks. They park and start to set up. I walk over and ask where do they plan to hunt? Right here they say. Where are you going to hunt? I tell them right here. They say well there is plenty of room here. I put my stuff in the truck and drive off.

No need to be sprayed by other people (won't call them hunters). No need to get in a fight there were 6 of them. There are plenty of other good places to hunt. After I had my limit I drove by them and they were still there.

Wish some people were a little more considerate.

Lee

Dove hunting brings out the worst in hunters.

Hadn't hunted dove in about 15 years or so before today. Had a good time everyone was safe, and they even pointed out my lost dog to Jimmy and I.

No PRDATR

Dove season brings out the worst in people. I would not give these guys the credit for being hunters.

Lee

Flying rat hunters have never been the smartest ones...

I thought flying rats was pigeons not Doves.

Flying rat hunters have never been the smartest ones...

I thought flying rats was pigeons not Doves.

Both are...

I try not to hunt close to others, choosing to leave when it gets too crowded. Many years ago I would go with some friends to areas in south east mesa, queen creek, pinal county (when you could hunt there) and cars and people would line up every ten yards or so and the shooting gallery would begin. While someone was retrieving a bird, people were shooting over the top of him. Everyone was peppered at some piont! I think people have gotten used to that style of hunting........

Wow, every time I hear these stories of dove hunting near the cities it sends shivers up my spine. I think that would take all the pleasure out of it for me.

Hope everybody is able to keep it safe!

I luv the birds but hate the people!!! i will gladly choose less birds over possibly getting hurt. Every year it seems as if stupid gets StUpiDeRRRRRRRRRRRRR :blink: Getting rained on is one thing but getting peppered by line drive bird shot is not so cool. Have fun and stay safe if possible hunt before work or after and not during Holiday weekend when the drunks are still drunk at 5:30 am. Like the illegals taking over Southern AZ there is nothing we can do about stupid, irresponsible, dangerous, unethical people who choose to carry guns and shoot at critters they will always bring shame to the game.*** well we can make sure our kids are raised to have ethics. :)

...and I get railed on this site for looking for somewhere to hunt privately & was willing to pay access fees for the privilege??? And all for being a Texan!

Some people ..

Good luck this fall.

There was nothing wrong at all Scotty with your initial post, people are crazy out there. Heck If my family still owned our farm in Eloy I would've leased out a good spot for the days you wanted to hunt.

I try not to hunt close to others, choosing to leave when it gets too crowded. Many years ago I would go with some friends to areas in south east mesa, queen creek, pinal county (when you could hunt there) and cars and people would line up every ten yards or so and the shooting gallery would begin. While someone was retrieving a bird, people were shooting over the top of him. Everyone was peppered at some piont! I think people have gotten used to that style of hunting........

Oh, you must be talking about the area out by the "TRW" plant by that dairy. Those were the days........