m77

Solution to Water Hole Problems/Confrontations

The terrible thing about it is that carrying it in and out daily IS THE LAW. On certain forests now. Like that is going to happen.

I'm gunna go put my treestand up in the dark every morning. ha ha. Someone should follow this law, fall out of the tree and (in the ways the FS is ran) sue the Forest Service for trying to force us to put them up daily.

Now we have closed roads everywhere that are not even marked, except for on their map they basically force us to buy. What a joke.

The thing I like about post like this is it tells everyone here what kind of HUNTERS everyone are. I grew up in Wisconsin hunting whitetail in a cedar swamp and pheasants in the fields. Then graduated to baiting bear in northern wisconsin and musky fishing in between baiting. Hiked into the high country of Colorado elk hunting numerous times with 50 plus pound frame packs and made several hikes in and out with meat, boned, no hide. Caught a lot of trout in Colorado and always enjoy the peace of the back country. I have used alternate means of getting into the back country. It's called a mountain bike. Never owned an ATV, where I couldn't drive a 2 wheel drive truck I walked. Never setup a trail cam, never left a tree stand overnight, never worried about how many inches were on the buck I was about to shoot. Once I find a buck by glassing, stalking, checking the wind, moving slow, stay in the shadows and get him in my crosshairs, the food is on the table, large rack or small. I hope you all find what you want out of your hunts this and every season. Thanks for posting. Alan

m77, you certainly went from one extreme to another. I'm not sure where you are going with this post. Sorry I can't figure you out. Thanks for posting anyways.

TJ

M77. Dont you know you arent allowed to think differently than the masses here on coueswhitetail??? Dont you know the only possible way to kill an archery coues buck is by leaving a stand or blind up for months at a time?? You have some learning to do....

First of all thank you Verizon wireless! I am able to read this entertaining post in the middle of unit 10 while sitting a tank! Lol! Frankly I hate sitting tanks! It sucks. Had an encounter 2 days ago. We were set up on a tank a guy from Tucson comes over says it's his, we left and found the honey hole were sitting now. First come first serve, period. Don't care if you been sitting there a month. I beat you there you should have woke up earlier or cut your lunch break short. We don't need more regs. Can't legislate good behavior. Oh, +1 on driving by a tank. Stop driving back and forth like your crusin main street looking for chicks! Gosh.....

On Sunday afternoon in 6B I went in to sit in my two man ladder stand that I packed 1 mile in off the road and at 3:30 in the afternoon there was another guy sitting in my stand and I could see a bull walking into the water hole 100 yards behind him!!! I was pissed off, seeing red, this guy is sitting in the 100lb stand that I packed in and about to shoot his elk right in front of me. So what did I do? Nothing, I quietly backed out and left the area because my wind was not good for the incoming bull and I didn't want to screw up the impostors chance. Even though I packed that dang thing all the way in myself. I hope someone would do the same for me. I would never sit in someone else's stand but I will hang one up right next to their's. You never know when someone is gonna shoot their animal opening day and not use the stand for the rest of the season. my 4 cents. Still bitter though.......

If you are going to bring a stand (or blind) in on public land it needs to be taken down or folded up when you leave even if you are not physically in it and plan to leave miday and only hunt it in the morning or evening.

If a hunter is present actively hunting a spot from a stand or blind that is one thing but to set it up and leave then ti should be taken down as to not act like the spot is being claimed. I'm all for no stands or blinds within 50 yards of a water hole. We are supposed to be hunters not ambushers. But, if a hunters lack of ability limits them to that and they are ok with it them nothing will ever change.

Well said PRDATR. I knew there were a couple hunters still posting on the site.

This is about the strangest post I have ever seen on this website.M77-if you think the website was getting boring,why do you take it upon yourself to stir it up?

This is about the strangest post I have ever seen on this website.M77-if you think the website was getting boring,why do you take it upon yourself to stir it up?

Super strange indeed it is.There is really no contextual difference between a hunter and an ambusher whatever that is. Just do us a favor don't go to the G and F meetings M77 after taking LSD.

We are supposed to be hunters not ambushers. But, if a hunters lack of ability limits them to that and they are ok with it them nothing will ever change.

I'm sorry PRDATR but this is one of the most rediculous statements I have read here.

• Like 1

Ya know what stinks? On lots of forums there's a habit of trolling and just trying to stir up controversy for fun. People come on this site looking for real advice, and most of the time they get it. They bring up REAL hunting questions and get useful responses.

By the poster’s own admission, he was just bored, stirring the pot.

Make your own choices, but I, (aside from this digression)I refuse to feed into this. It does nothing to further our sport, it does nothing to help fellow hunters, and in fact, it can only serve to divide us.

Out – Coach.

• Like 2

Does first come first serve include hanging a tree stand or putting up a ground blind on a stock tank days or weeks before the season opener and then expect others that get there first to not hunt there? Some even put notes to other hunters on those tree stands or ground blinds saying they will be hunting there. Maybe AZGFD should start a reservation system (for a small AZGFD fee of course) for privileges to hunt stock tanks during a set period of time.

do not take this the wrong way but what have you been smokin or drinkin

your suggestion are to say the least ludicrious

we as sportsmen need to get along , to have G&F dictate how we hunt or act in the fiield is - i'm at a loss for words here - other than unbelievable

First of all thank you Verizon wireless! I am able to read this entertaining post in the middle of unit 10 while sitting a tank! Lol! Frankly I hate sitting tanks! It sucks. Had an encounter 2 days ago. We were set up on a tank a guy from Tucson comes over says it's his, we left and found the honey hole were sitting now. First come first serve, period. Don't care if you been sitting there a month. I beat you there you should have woke up earlier or cut your lunch break short. We don't need more regs. Can't legislate good behavior. Oh, +1 on driving by a tank. Stop driving back and forth like your crusin main street looking for chicks! Gosh.....

Them Tucson guys are bad news especially the ones that root for that so called football team. Lol

Nuke the Troll!trollnuke_zpsa3b77a41.jpg