superdave

Who has the thingy to attach your iphone to your scope?

I was in Cabellas the other day, and saw a new thingy. At the time, I had a new thingy already in my hand(chrony) and could not afford 2 new thingys for the week. I think it is made by Meopta, but it attaches your iphone to your spotting scope/rifle scope/binolulars and I suppose you can take high rez pics and vids? anyone have this new thingy yet?

I was in Cabellas the other day, and saw a new thingy. At the time, I had a new thingy already in my hand(chrony) and could not afford 2 new thingys for the week. I think it is made by Meopta, but it attaches your iphone to your spotting scope/rifle scope/binolulars and I suppose you can take high rez pics and vids? anyone have this new thingy yet?

:lol: I was wondering the same thing(y)

Would like to know if it works on the Vortex Razor spotting scope?

from what I understand it mainly fits Meopta optics only, but it may fit others by now as its been out for almost a year. I didn't have the $60 for it so I made my own "thingy" to attach my iPhone to the spotting scope. I am getting decent results.

Smart optix looks very good but it is a big piece of equipment to carry! I have seen a lot of DIY info on the web and until they bring the prices down on some of these I will probably go that route. Most of them are something along the lines of a 2" piece of PVC or end cap attached to a cheap phone case. I only have an issue with the cost of something like the Phone Skope since most of change phones every other year and the dimensions change leaving your adapter useless.

Meopta, the last I checked, it didn't fit my Swarovski spotter

Kowa, the is the one i currently own and it works great; however, it is specific to the i phone 4 or 4s. It does have a plate that you could remove from the old case and glue to another smart phone case.

smart optix - I believe this the big bulky one that adjust to most camera, but it is just too big.

The outdoorsman has one now and it is machined locally and to much tighter tolerances ( no felt between the eye pieces to fill in the gaps, you just glue it to any smart phone hard case. http://outdoorsmans.com/outdoorsmans-digidapter-sytem/

Edited by azgutpile

Go to http://www.phoneskope.com/

Easy to order, easy to use.

Tell them:

1. The phone you have

2. The Optics you have

Decide if you want one that fits your optics, or one that is adjustable to fit all optics. They come in two pieces. the case that your phone snaps into, and the piece that slips over the eye cup of your optics. Those two pieces connect to each other. Easy to use. Great product.

Enjoy.

Taken with a Kowa & an iPhone 4

post-647-0-76396300-1375325687_thumb.jpg

Dinner time

post-647-0-87503400-1375325630_thumb.jpg

Babies a week later

post-647-0-74856000-1375325868_thumb.jpg

I use Smart Optix and I love it. If you can get over the size, it really is the best bang for your buck and it fits any phone or optics. Heck, I do not want to have to buy a new digiscope adapter every 2 years or less when I get a new phone. I believe they are selling these at Sportsmans now. FYI, the size and weight have never been an inconvenience and it is cheap compared to the phone scope.

Just so you know the outdoorsmans has one and I have been very happy with is... you can also buy different attachments for different optics.

Chris