Sign in to follow this  
cohofishing

Courtney's 2012 coues

Courtney 2012 season started the same as her 2011 season. No time. To you guys that are as lucky as I am to get to hunt with their kids enjoy it while you can because the older they get, the less time they have. My eighteen year old senior is a honor student, involved with sports and dance, and holds down a part time job. To top it off, she's a varsity cheerleader and the Sahuarita Mustangs went undefeated the regular season. To say I was happy when she told me that she was really excited to go hunting this year and that I could have two whole days was a under statement.

Courtney really wanted to bivy hunt and with the weather report for the second season being crappy, I tried to talk her out of it. Two days isn't much time and with the weather the way it was, it seem to make more sense to camp by the truck. Her words... "what kind of story would that be".

After a long hike in the dark and a couple of cold nights and windy days, we found this three point at 346 yards. She kept her cool till he fed clear of the oaks and turned broadside making a great shot. She shot him at 350 pm and after a few pictures and a quick bone out, we made the mile hike back to camp and packed up everything. We made it back to the truck at 830.

I had a great time hunting with Courtney and though I feel like it might be my last hunt with my daughter for a while, I can only hope that she will continue to find time to hunt with her dad.

post-22-0-22751400-1352903308_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-77006500-1352903796_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-78769700-1352904249_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-29566000-1352904363_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-73121600-1352904483_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-61501500-1352904564_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thats a tough young lady......wanting to rough it to get a deer. They don't make many hunters like that anymore! Congrats to Courtney on her trophy and to you for time spent making memories!

Thanks

Court shoots a Browning A-bolt that was built into a 264 win mag with a shilen barrel and zeiss 6.5-20x50 scope shooting 120 gr sierra game kings

This is one of those stories that just touches my heart. My greatest joy in hunting has been the times spent with my kids, closely followed by times spent with friends kids. That is one great buck, but not as great as the story.

She's tougher then i am! spen't the days in that nasty weather and it was all i could to do keep warm and dry in a good tent with a good cot. Congrats on a very nice buck.