Sign in to follow this  
kaibabkiller

A gift from "Daddyclaus"

Well, everyone I know said I was crazy/stupid when I transferred my Dec. 24A WT tag to my 11 year old son who didn't draw this year. Maybe it was crazy to some, but I'd do it over just to see the anticipation and excitement on his face again. On day 5 of the hunt we finally put it together with this buck in the cross hairs. 137 yd. shot (after a couple stressful minutes of him trying to find the buck in the scope) and the buck dropped. I new it was a good buck, but we were all surprised when we actually had the deer in our hands. The buck rough scored 95 6/8". A good 15 inches larger than my biggest buck! I doubt he'll ever forget this hunt and that's why I'd do it again! Now its my turn to get it done with the old Bowtech!! Special thanks to mountaingoat08 and arizonaelitefreak for all there help!!post-4096-0-21448200-1356301363_thumb.jpgpost-4096-0-72951000-1356301371_thumb.jpgpost-4096-0-11415700-1356301380_thumb.jpgpost-4096-0-32364300-1356301389_thumb.jpgpost-4096-0-57042600-1356301402_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Very cool! Congrats to you and your son, love the picture with both of you!

im glad I could be of some help! that is awesome! I do believe that is the buck i missed opening morning! congrats to you and your son on a great trophy and on one memory that will last a lifetime!

Chad

Great buck, congratulations to your son. I think that being able to transfer your tag to a junior hunter is one of the best things AZDGF has done for our youth. I transferred several over the years and it sure benefited my kids by keeping them interested.

Very nice buck! Congrats to your son!

First class act, very nice giving such a great tag to your son and then capitalizing on an even greater buck, nicely done and congrats!