Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

The Chocolate Ram goes down

Posted by Jay ScottI talked to Todd Mast the 24B North sheep hunter tonight and he took his hunt down to the wire. He harvested a ram that we found while scouting for Ernie Meeske's Unit 22 hunt. He had the prettiest cape I have ever seen on a desert sheep. He was almost jet black. I had sent photos to Todd prior to the hunt of the Chocolate ram hoping to give him extra incentive to take his time and he sure did. I believe he was the only sheep hunter still hunting. To his credit he had his sights set on this ram and he got it! Big congratulations to Todd Mast on a job well done! Preliminary score is low 180's ram!

Choco+Ram+with+Jay+scott+Outdoors+3.jpg

Chocolate+Ram+with+JayScottOutdoors+6.jpg

Chocolate+Ram+with+JayScottOutdoors+7.jpg

Chocolate+Ram+with+JayScottOutdoors+9.jpg

Chocolate+Ram+with+JayScottOutdoors+10.jpg

Chocolate+Ram+with+JayScottOutdoors+11.jpg

Chocolate+Ram+with+JayScottOutdoors+2.jpg

AZ+desert+Bighorn+sheep+Unit+24B+North+the+Chocolate+Ram+with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+and+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+2008.jpgThis is a picture from 2008 which I believe is the Chocolate Ram on the left but I'm not 100% sure

View the full article

That color makes him look like a Rocky....

I was thinking the same thing Amanda. What a beauty. I hope he posts up a story with more picture. Congratulations to Todd and thanks to you Scott for sharing.

TJ

Wow - what a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Huge congrats to the hunter and everyone involved. I sure hope he's able to do a full body mount.

Sign in to follow this