Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Outcome of the Game & Fish meeting today????

I don't think they can find an effective way of banning salt and minerals that are out there for livestock.

What's next arrest wildlife licking a cow only salt ?

What a bunch of BS.

Ranchers put salt blocks for their livestock, I'd double dare a GFD ossifer to mess with a rancher and his ranching.

• Like 1

How will they enforce this? I have hunted unit 33 for 19 years now, and never had a Game and Fish officer check my license and tag. And in those 19 years, I have never seen a officer in the field away from his truck. The only way they will catch you, is if you put your feeder next to the road!

or a box of donuts next to your feeder

• Like 2

I got aout 400 pounds of corn in the shed, I guess I will be dumping it out in unit 33 in the next few days to get rid of it.

I will help you dump it since i have a tag for that unit. LOL

Really confusing on whats allowed and whats not.

What I understand I think a rancher can put out salt for the purpose of livestock only. A hunter can not put out salt unless you work for the rancher.

I got aout 400 pounds of corn in the shed, I guess I will be dumping it out in unit 33 in the next few days to get rid of it.

hahaha just make sure you let me know where!

How will they enforce this? I have hunted unit 33 for 19 years now, and never had a Game and Fish officer check my license and tag. And in those 19 years, I have never seen a officer in the field away from his truck. The only way they will catch you, is if you put your feeder next to the road!

AZG&F checks you more than you think. He does not have to see your tag. All they need is a license plate and run your name then cross reference to see if you have a license and tag. If someone stumbles onto your corn I can garantee lots of others will turn you in. Then G&F will watch the area till you show back up to bust ya. I never use anything other than Salt when I have all the birds eat it before anything else does so its just a waste of money for me. :)

Really confusing on whats allowed and whats not.

What I understand I think a rancher can put out salt for the purpose of livestock only. A hunter can not put out salt unless you work for the rancher.

So how do you stop this when salt is natural in the soil? What will game and fish do test the soil? if they do they would still have to prove you placed it there because salt is natural in the soil already. I do not believe and the way it reads SALT is legal. I will talk with Danny and ask him.

This is disappointing to say the least. I was hoping they would postpone any type ban until more data was introduced. I find it amusing at best that fair chase came into play. B&C, P&Y and Safari club allow animals to be entered under a baited scenario. They do not allow radios, rangefinders to be used for animals to make book. Rangefinders and possibly radios are common gear used in hunting. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, because this is how I understand it.

For the life of me, I can't see baiting a deer into 30 or 20 yards easier of less ethical than shooting one at 400 to ........... 800 or more yards.

Did they pass a mandatory harvest report for all animals?

We all get one deer per year, does it really matter if they were baited into range. What's awesome is a rifle hunter can still hunt bait all day long! How can anyone prove he was hunting bait from 300 yards away LOL. The archer's who choose to bait get the shaft, and the long range zoo crew (100 yards or more arrow flinger club) get a free pass to keep on keepin on.

A short response from Mr. Davis about my email I sent in. He was the only one to respond out of the commissioners.

Thank you for your email. I appreciate you taking the time. The baiting issue is not being discussed because of harvest rates but instead, because of concerns related to communicable disease and because of fair chase/ethics reasons.

I will read your email again, as well as the others I have received and listen to the presentations before making a final determination.

Again, think you for your input. Regards, Kurt Davis

we all new they already had their minds made up..........

whether you think it is right or not it is what it is.

this sucks for sure!

I'm sure they will read some of this stuff tonight and just laugh.

can the salt lick be granfathered in?? LOL!

James

A short response from Mr. Davis about my email I sent in. He was the only one to respond out of the commissioners.

Thank you for your email. I appreciate you taking the time. The baiting issue is not being discussed because of harvest rates but instead, because of concerns related to communicable disease and because of fair chase/ethics reasons.

I will read your email again, as well as the others I have received and listen to the presentations before making a final determination.

Again, think you for your input. Regards, Kurt Davis

Because they were told it should "sold" on the disease issue.during a previous meeting

Man. Between the dictatorship in the white house and the g and f we may have to start honing arrowheads and sticks pretty soon. Too much government control.

• Like 2

It seems to me that salt is only allowed by ranchers. If indeed they have determined that feeding (baiting) increased diseases (the biologist stated it on the webcast) then all forms of baiting wildlife are not allowed.

Sure hope I'm wrong! Again, how are they going to enforce it? I assume they will have to rely on hunters to report baiting.

One of the reasons I quit going to G&F meetings is that they always have made up their minds before the meeting even starts. Public meeting input is just a by-law requirement. Dog and Pony show.

• Like 3