Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Outcome of the Game & Fish meeting today????

One of the reasons I quit going to G&F meetings is that they always have made up their minds before the meeting even starts. Public meeting input is just a by-law requirement. Dog and Pony show.

If you watched the meeting online you would have seen them talking amongst themselves, stretching, reading, eating etc etc while people were speaking and at least 1/2 the time having a look on their face that screamed "will this ever end?".

• Like 1

hope this helps a little

heres part of the discription;;

For the purposes of this rulemaking, the Commission considers bait to include any food-stuff or ingestible material that has been deposited, scattered, piled, or delivered by a passive or active feeder or feed delivery system so as to constitute an attractant, lure or enticement to wildlife and to influence the movement of these animals for the purpose of harvest by hunters.
“Bait” does not include:■Water

■Salt or salt-based materials produced and manufactured for the livestock industry

■Nutritional supplements produced and manufactured for the livestock industry and placed during the course of livestock or agricultural operations

■Decoys

■Scent lures provided they do not contain cervid urine

■Chemical attractants provided they are not ingestible

■Food plots planted within accepted local or regional agricultural guidelines

I sat there all morning and half the afternoon and it was a complete waste of time. On other issues, the commissioners demanded current data from within AZ. They let the public speak as long as anyone wanted. They were polite and thanked the public for their input. As soon as it got to our issue, the attitude completely changed. They slouched back in their chairs and told us that they would time us to three minutes. Now they did not care about any real data. Commissioner Freeman actually said to us, "don't bother repeating an issue that someone before you has already brought up". They didn't even try to demonstrate any fake respect to us. While I was speaking, two commissioners were chatting, and one was texting. The other two had bored looks on their faces.

To any fish cop spies reading this, I plan to observe the law, I am an ethical hunter. I'll also be sure to show you the same respect in the field that the commission showed me and other Arizona hunters today. G&F can kiss my A$$.

You know, if they had ANY data to support their actions, I could tolerate their arrogance. If the commissioners keep making decisions based on nothing, our AZ wildlife is screwed.

• Like 6

How will they enforce this? I have hunted unit 33 for 19 years now, and never had a Game and Fish officer check my license and tag. And in those 19 years, I have never seen a officer in the field away from his truck. The only way they will catch you, is if you put your feeder next to the road!

or a box of donuts next to your feeder

I heard that Martin likes jelly donuts

I can't help but believe this whole ban has to do with an outfitters success in say Unit 29. I could be wrong no doubt. But average joes were just caught in the crossfire IMO.

I guess I didn't think that many people baited in Arizona. I was never tought to hunt over bait and don't see where it is fair chase. I find it to be more of a challange to go into there house and find them then harvest them. Kinda out smart them not bring them into me with food. But love them or hate them we will all have to deal with G&F. If you dont think they will watch you or even "black ball" you think agan. I no a guy that got busted for potching he did the time and now can't hunt but his kids get drawn for everything they put in for and they always run into an officer. So just keep in mind.

Now It's baiting, next you can't use trail camera's or a bow that shoots faster than 300 fps!

And you can't use more than a 30-30 lever gun!

You'all best go get to know you'er local rancher and go help stretch some fence or round up cattle or something. Just like the closed roads, as long as you take a chainsaw with you you can say that you'er going to cut wood. Just a heads up lefties are out there and have known places of past bait locations so be careful they will be looking and ratting when law goes into effect. Good luck

Warning:

If you put up a tree stand on my water hole, I will dump a bag of corn under your stand, and you won't be hunting there either! This is going to get messy quick.

• Like 1

hope this helps a little

heres part of the discription;;

For the purposes of this rulemaking, the Commission considers bait to include any food-stuff or ingestible material that has been deposited, scattered, piled, or delivered by a passive or active feeder or feed delivery system so as to constitute an attractant, lure or enticement to wildlife and to influence the movement of these animals for the purpose of harvest by hunters.

“Bait” does not include:■Water

■Salt or salt-based materials produced and manufactured for the livestock industry

■Nutritional supplements produced and manufactured for the livestock industry and placed during the course of livestock or agricultural operations

■Decoys

■Scent lures provided they do not contain cervid urine

■Chemical attractants provided they are not ingestible

■Food plots planted within accepted local or regional agricultural guidelines

So some 50lb bag of mineral salt purchased at the feed store is fine then......even for attracting wildlife, according to this??

HERE ARE THE 3 MAIN ISSUES THAT ARE RELATED TO HUNTING ELK- DEER- ANTELOPE ETC.

if i read correctly this is the way the new law will read !!as taken of website revised

R12-4-303 unlawfull methods, devices --

changes or addition ---

A-3.Any lure, attractant, or cover scent containing any cervid urine.

C,-Place any substance, device, or object in, on, or by any water source to prevent wildlife from using that water source.

D-The use of edible or ingestible substances to aid in taking big game is unlawful when:

1. An individual places edible or ingestible substances for the purpose of attracting or taking big game.

2. An individual knowingly takes big game with the aid of edible or ingestible substances placed for the purpose of attracting wildlife to a specific location.

3. This subsection does not limit Department employees or Department agents in the performance of their official duties.

4. For the purposes of this subsection, edible or ingestible substances does not include:

a. Water,

b. Salt or salt-based materials produced and manufactured for the livestock industry, or

c. Nutritional supplements produced and manufactured for the livestock industry and placed during the course of livestock or agricultural operations.

DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY SLIPPED THIS ONE IN - NO URINE LURE PERIOD

noun, Zoology . any member of the deer family, Cervidae, comprising deer, caribou, elk, and moose,

they do make articfical urine products!!- just no real doe in heat from live animal --

"C,-Place any substance, device, or object in, on, or by any water source to prevent wildlife from using that water source."

Does this mean no more blinds at waterholes? I'm sure they could say that a blind scares wildlife away from water.

I used to think guys were nuts thinking bad of G & F, i always felt G & F had my back and AZ wildlife. Looks as if i was very wrong! ): Now if this were not an attack on archers and was actually all about the health of our AZ critters i would be behind G & F 100% but since they have made it clear for a few years it was all about our success rate i am finding myself ashamed for ever speaking up for them in the past. I believe this is all about revenue and they figure we will buy tags even when our success drops to below 1% and they in return will have more rifle "Hunt Opportunity"

Hunt Opportunity = more $$$

I for 1 think it is time i turn in my big game tags and not let them count on my $$$ any longer.

SHAME ON YOU ARIZONA GAME AND FISH!!!

It's issues like this - and those being considered by the White House, as we speak, that turn law-abiding citizens into criminals.

Watching these guys pretend to listen to the people they are supposed to represent, with their minds already made up, really gets my blood boiling. They are doing exactly what Biden is doing when he allows the NRA to speak to upcoming legislation, just laughing to himself because his mind is already made up. He tosses around threats of "Executive Order", meaning he intends fully to cicumvent the Constitution of the United States, without the approval of Congress.

What G&F did today was exactly the same thing. A few priveledged people, supposedly representing US, make a unilateral decision stripping us of rights.

I am 100% behind the G&F officer trying to catch poachers and wasters of our wildlife. The commission, and higher-ups, on the other hand, I am really starting to disdain. It's not enough that they ruin units year-after-year by allocating way too many tags. Now they are coming after generations of hunters who have spent countless hours learning how tip the odds slightly in their favor at taking deer with archery equipment.

Just like I won't turn in my AR-15 when Biden says I have to, I won't stop hunting over salt. That's a fact. And if legislation turns me from a law abiding citizen and hunter into a criminal, well, it was them who tipped the scales, not me.

• Like 6