Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Outcome of the Game & Fish meeting today????

Hey guys (654321 and averagejoe), funny fact - I don't bait either (I've used salt in the past, but currently don't have any active salt licks). I also don't hunt bears or lions with dogs.

It's really not about baiting or picking one style of hunting over another. It's about a handful of priveledged people making decisions, pretending to listen to those of us they represent, and just doing whatever they want to do.

Today it's baiting, no skin off my back, I don't bait. Tomorrow its hunting with dogs, again, no problem to me, I don't hunt with dogs. The next day trapping, why should I care? I don't trap.

Sooner or later, they'll be after something I do care about, and there will be nobody standing next to me, because I wasn't there for them. Look at the bigger picture guys.

Another Gem of a Post Coach. You hit the nail on the head.

@ Bowsniper ... not sure why people would deny it if they do it, since it's not illegal, but I like the Biblical Reference.

• Like 1

Coach, did you ever think that maybe just maybe the majority of hunters are for the ban and maybe the handful of priveledged decision makers you speak of spoke for the majority. this is a great site with good people but it is a very very small representation of az hunters could just be that most hunters in this state don't agree with the views and opinions of those on this site. 190000 plus license holders 6000 or so members.

Coach, did you ever think that maybe just maybe the majority of hunters are for the ban and maybe the handful of priveledged decision makers you speak of spoke for the majority. this is a great site with good people but it is a very very small representation of az hunters could just be that most hunters in this state don't agree with the views and opinions of those on this site. 190000 plus license holders 6000 or so members.

Well, if they were for the ban, they also had the opportunity to send in their letter during the open comment period. Why was over 70% of the letters against this rule change? Where was the 19,000, they had the opportunity to send them in and support it. It is because 90% of them had no clue that this change was coming! Very little public notice given with regard to the rule change.

What you are saying is, most Az hunters do not care if we manage without any factual scientific data being performed in the State of AZ? Show me the data that was performed within AZ and I will support you! IF not, you are agreeing that it is ok to manage our wildlife by opinion and best guess methods. And using outdated studies by other states completely different eco-systems? Like the southern peninsula of state of Michigan. Hummm… Show me the facts and many of us will stand by you in support.

• Like 5

+1 with above post

+2... In addition, maybe we can have a few of our December archery hunts back.

I don't understand, G$F said it was not about success rate.

AZGFD banned baiting they are the scum of the earth lets go to another state. Guess what cant hunt Co., NM, Ca, Id. Mont. Go to TX. if you have some property or money. You can try Ut. but they give a huge amount of their tags to SFW. go back east just be careful you may get some tainted CWD meat

+1 with above post

It sure the heck wasn't CWD. I have a hard time believing it wasn't because of the precieved higher success rate of archery hunters using bait. Besides, what's an easier argument to win; saving the animals from disease, or changing the rules because hunters are too succesful?

In addition, if baiting truly did increase the archery success rate, banning it should decrease the ratio of archery to rifle kills, which should allow G&F to reopen alot of the units currently closed during the December archery hunt.

+1 with above post

It sure the heck wasn't CWD. I have a hard time believing it wasn't because of the precieved higher success rate of archery hunters using bait. Besides, what's an easier argument to win; saving the animals from disease, or changing the rules because hunters are too succesful?

In addition, if baiting truly did increase the archery success rate, banning it should decrease the ratio of archery to rifle kills, which should allow G&F to reopen alot of the units currently closed during the December archery hunt.

So, in your opinion they lied to push an agenda because it was easier to sell CWD?

654321, arnt you supposed to be out patroling your unit, looking for poachers? Get back to work, quit wasting our tax dollars posting on the site!

654321, arnt you supposed to be out patroling your unit, looking for poachers? Get back to work, quit wasting our tax dollars posting on the site!

Wish I was when I have run into WM's in the field and had a civil conversation it seems they have a pretty cool job, as for waisting tax dollars the G&F don't recieve any of your az tax dolllars, seems to me you shouldn't be waisting time posting on this site and you had better hurry and sit your bait site seems time is about to run out on that.

+1 with above post

So, in your opinion they lied to push an agenda because it was easier to sell CWD?

I don't think it was a complete lie... CWD probably added a tiny little bit to their reasoning.

I keep asking myself why would they still allow baiting in some of the states that already have CWD if it helped spread the disease?

• Like 1

Not AZ tax dollars, but federal tax dollars!

Any time that we can get a small portion of our tax dollars back from the black hole (feds) then that is a good thing.

I got aout 400 pounds of corn in the shed, I guess I will be dumping it out in unit 33 in the next few days to get rid of it.

I'm sure there's a moonshiner out there that will take it off your hands...oh wait that's banned too.

The problem Game and Fish would never know if hunters supported it or not, because they didn't bother to ask outside of a formality required by their legislation. No survey, no request for input, no research. Just a handful of guys limited to 3 minutes each while the commission ate its lunch prior to passing their pre-determined unanimous vote.

AZGFD banned baiting they are the scum of the earth lets go to another state. Guess what cant hunt Co., NM, Ca, Id. Mont. Go to TX. if you have some property or money. You can try Ut. but they give a huge amount of their tags to SFW. go back east just be careful you may get some tainted CWD meat

ID allows baiting for some species. I used to live there and have a life time license.

Not AZ tax dollars, but federal tax dollars!

Any time that we can get a small portion of our tax dollars back from the black hole (feds) then that is a good thing.

Be careful, those Fed $ come with some major strings attached ie Mexican Wolf Recovery Program

Above all guys lets remember that we are all hunters here. If we don't support each other then we can kiss all of our opportunities goodbye. Guns, tags, forests there are people out there who want to take all of it. We have got to find a way not to kick the chair out from under each other all the time.

• Like 2