Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

how much is 223 brass worth???

I am looking to sell 14 ponds of mixed head stamp, once fired range brass. I have no idea what its worth. What do you guys think?

Adam

I don't think it is worth anything. As such, I would be happy to dispose of it for you!

Truthfully, I am not sure of how to rate mixed .223 brass. Before all of this hysteria started I bought 1000 cleaned, deprimed, swaged, and sized once fired Lake City brass empties for $135. But that brass had been sorted and had a lot of work put into it. Maybe yours might be worth about half of what I paid per 1000 rounds?

In reality anything is worth what an individual is willing to pay for it, not what uninterested parties might suggest. Take for example PMAGs that are currently selling for $50. As long as someone is willing to pay it, than that is what it is worth regardless of what it once might have been or could be in the future. .223 brass is commonly sold on Craigslist. I might look on there for ideas of what you might get for it.

I don't think it is worth anything. As such, I would be happy to dispose of it for you!

Truthfully, I am not sure of how to rate mixed .223 brass. Before all of this hysteria started I bought 1000 cleaned, deprimed, swaged, and sized once fired Lake City brass empties for $135. But that brass had been sorted and had a lot of work put into it. Maybe yours might be worth about half of what I paid per 1000 rounds?

In reality anything is worth what an individual is willing to pay for it, not what uninterested parties might suggest. Take for example PMAGs that are currently selling for $50. As long as someone is willing to pay it, than that is what it is worth regardless of what it once might have been or could be in the future. .223 brass is commonly sold on Craigslist. I might look on there for ideas of what you might get for it.

Hit the nail on the head!!!

+1^^^^^^^^

Thanks guys. 14 pounds should be a little over 1000 rounds. The brass is a mix of 5.56 and 223. Not sure how much of each there is. Thanks for the info guys.

Adam

Big Browns I got a buddy that is a 223 varmniter nutt!!! Ill call him tomorrow. He has a colt ar he shoots steel or brass out of and some how gets them to do .75MOA or under regardless of what it is. I try and tell him things like Steel are not good for the gun but he proves me wrong every time. Any idea on what you want for it?

its worth nothin because U cant get bullets and powder and primers

Your best bet is Sportsman's in the late afternoon on Thursdays or early in the AM on Fridays.

I'm still not sure what a fair price is. Does $80 sound fair?

Feel free to call me.

928-595-1554

Before all the mess my uncle had two five gallon buckets of mostly 5.56 and .223 brass to a recycler for $500.

More D

• Like 1

Might be better off just taking down to the recycling joint. If you decide to sell, it may be worth your while to at least sort it by headstamp.

Recently bought 500 type 1 brass (meaning all ready to load) for $65 dollars and I'm always looking for more. ;) With all the work to prep once fired brass you might not get a whole lot for. Like if it has crimped primers that's a pain in the butt if it's been deprimed that's a plus.