Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Tagged out, sunday funday double date

Colin, my best bud and I went out scouting a couple weeks ago in hopes of finding a herd we could not only get to, but get to with our wives in tow. Sarah, my wife is 8 months pregnant and Shanell, Colin's wife has terrible ankles.

We found a herd that we could get to fairly easily and thought our hunt was all but over. Well.... not so much.

Colin and I got out there Thursday night set up camp and were all alone. When we woke up (plenty early Friday) there was a set of headlights going dowe the road, right past camp and to our spot. After getting the frost off of the windshield off we went. The truck ended up getting to 'ourspot' about 5 seconds before us. We pulled up, talked to them (very nice guys) and wished them a good day and were about to leave when they told us to just glass there. Long story short after hearing tons of shots, seeing a bunch of people we left.

Got back to all three of these truck and trailers basically surrounding our camp, I could barely pull my trailer out.

pighunt004_zps67fa3965.jpg

pighunt005_zps0debb6e2.jpg

pighunt006_zpsbcc8ab60.jpg

I think they were lion hunters. If anyone knows who they are, tell them thank you for setting up within 50 yards of our camp, and letting their dogs climb on my table, and our cots . We appreaciate it.

Packed up our camp and left.

An hour later, after running into nothing but people, we got into our old faithful spot. Twenty minutes later, we had pigs spotted. Colin and I walked over to where they were and saw absolutely nothing. When we go bascially in their living room, one pig casually walked out. Colin took a knee, and planted the pig to the ground, rolling him to the bottom. I had my AR-15 ready for the others, they never appeared.

pighunt010_zps421ed91e.jpg

Sunday, we took our wives out for a romantic double date. I messed up royally and was about 10 minutes late in getting my wife a left over tag, so she followed along, 8 months pregnant and all and kicked asss! I am so damnn proud of her! We set up, same spot as with Colin, glassed the main herd within 20 minutes, Made a fantastic stalk down a steep hill, up a small steep hill and got to 85 yards, where Shanell and I had our double down. Again Colin's 270 with 130 partitions laid the hammer down, along with my AR-15 with 50 NBT's. Sunday funday, double date a success! The hard part was gettting the girls back up the big hill we came down and although it took some time, they both dominated the hill!

pig_hunt_041_zpsd7b0bcbc.jpg

Casey, congratulations to the girls and to you and Colin. Thanks again for the invite and I'm sure we will eventually hook up for a hunt down the road and I look forward to. Thanks for posting the story and the pictures. Now be easy on the wife please. She has got to be a keeper for sure to go thru all that in her condition. Can't wait to see pictures of the new addition. :)

TJ

Congrats to all, Sure had a good laugh about them dogs. Now thats funny as heck.

Terry, dogs aren't what pissed me off. Dogs were being dogs, no big deal.

Thats gotta make some good memories that will last a lifetime though.

Also big congrats to you and the misses with the young one.

Terry

Great job by all. Sorry to hear about all the traffic and rudeness. You should be very proud of your wife. What a trooper. Thanks for the write up.

Congratulations to all again Casey! Way to go for the crew, brings back some found memories of the wife chasing critters around while carrying one of our own!