Sign in to follow this  
Coues Sniper

Wish me luck...

Well, it's funny how life goes sometimes. I was born and raised in Phoenix and began my love of chasing Coues deer with my old man when I was 5. When I was 13, Pops was promoted and we moved to Vegas. This put a serious hurtin' on our Coues addiction, but we managed to make it down and hunt as often as we could, and we have been blessed enough to be able to hunt Mexico as well. I have since been looking for a way to get back to Coues country. I recently made a career change (structural engineering to structural demolition) which has been a blessing as well, especially considering the current economy, but required me to travel all but 4 days a month. The last 2 years of travel and hard work has paid off and I was offered a big promotion. The problem - the job is in New Jersey, and about 2600 miles from a Coues deer. Not my ideal place to be, but no travel, get to see my wife and son and soon to be daughter (due in May) every day, nice pay increase, and the opportunity to advance my career were just too much to say no to. I drove up last week, and am currently looking for a house to rent so the family can follow. The area is much different (better) than I expected (office is in East Hanover), but it's still a bit of an adjustment. So I'll likely be on here even more than usual talking trash and making comments that I find hilarious, but probably cause some to look for the "ignore" feature. Just glad to have a place like this to feed my addiction and somewhat stay in touch with whats happenin' (thanks Amanda). On the plus side, I do get to kill 7 bucks and unlimited does a year in NJ, and my bow will get much much more attention now (no centerfire season - archery, shotgun, and muzzy only), and PA is only an hour or so away where I can kill another pile of deer. At least my freezer will be full. At any rate, thanks for reading my ramblings, and wish me luck. I'll need it!

Kevin

P.S. - Amanda, I would like to formally request that a fist pupming smiley be added to the choice of smileys ;).

Good luck to you. Thats quite the move across the country, hopefully everything works out for.

We'll need some home video of you up in the clubs doing some fist pumping with snookie.

Good luck with the move and the new position. I'm looking forward to seeing some of them big whitetails. Buy a snow shovel for sure. :)

TJ

Good luck to you. Thats quite the move across the country, hopefully everything works out for.

We'll need some home video of you up in the clubs doing some fist pumping with snookie.

Hahaha, thanks bonecollector. Friggin Snookie.

Good luck with the move and the new position. I'm looking forward to seeing some of them big whitetails. Buy a snow shovel for sure. :)

TJ

Thanks TJ, I look forward to posting them. It's snowed every day I've been here so far. Nothing stuck though.

Good luck! You have to go where the jobs are and it sounds like the combination of all the things you mentioned (pay, schedule, more and higher level experience, etc.) made the decision a no-brainer for you and your family.

Plus, seven bucks and unlimited does is an incredible limit! Your family will eat well.

Looking forward to future posts from you.

Like has already been said "Family first". Good luck to you with the move. Sounds like you will have more opportunity out there!!

Glad you are looking forward to it, family is important, nothing else matters.

Personally, I'll rob Circle K's before I move east of the Mississippi

Wow, good luck with the new job!! I hope you get enough time off to take advantage of those liberal deer seasons! The east coast is a beautiful place to live. Is your family looking forward to the move?

Good luck! Spending more time with your wife and your kids is the biggest bonus, congratulations on the new adventure!

p.s. I'm envious of all your hunting opportunities

Good Luck. Opportunity you couldn't pass up. Family is definitely priority #1. Forget the shovel and buy a snow blower!

Good luck on the move and make sure and send us some pictures of your success which I know you'll have!