tcharchery

Can you believe this!!! (B of A error)

Did anyone who banks with BofA get a hit on their card??

{Sheepishly raises hand}.........I have never had an issue.......knock on wood....yet........

Addressed this on another thread, but BofA spanked up 3 out of 8 applications, causing the "loyalty" point to start over for all 3 of my sons. Time to find a new bank. But the fault doesn't just lie with BofA, the vendor being used by G&F for online apps is unbelievably bad. If any real business used these guys for e-commerce, they would be out of business.

• Like 1

A real issue and concern with using the online process and credit cards, is either real or supposed fraud that the bank percieves @ the time funds are taken by game and fish. Not only do you not get drawn and not get a bonus point for the year but you also lose your loyalty bonus point. To my knowledge there is no recourse to reverse that by game and fish. A friend of mine believes when they take your $7.50 for your application fee that that should insure you maintain your loyalty point and guarantee your bonus point for that year reguardless of the rest of the outcome in the draw. Getting rooked out of two bonus points because banking errors or fraud is a huge price to pay and needs to be address by game and fish. I am sure many people are having this happen each year. Take Care JLG.

I use B of A credit card for airline miles,never had an issue until now. My wife called to make a payment on the 21st,they notified her that a merchant called and said the card had been comprimised,so they cancelled without notifying.They said it was someone in our area on the 20th. I called and had them extend my account for 5 days.

I called and checked yesterday and had a charge of 114 on the 20th and then g and f refunded 114 the same day. Any idea why that is?

I don't trust AZGF or the banks. I send mine in the old fashion way. If you are serious about getting drawn that is the least likely way of getting screwed. I didn't say that the AZGFD couldn't screw things up but that takes the bank out of the picture. I make a copy of all applications before sending them in also.

Hawkeye, as convient as the online process is I am starting to think going paper, early with a money order is the way to go, the rest of it put to many possibilties of error into it. If they to go all online in the future they need to guarentee you atleast get abonus point when they take your $7.50 for the application fee, that way your loyaty point is safeguarded too, JLG.

I think B o A is anti gun and anti hunting ....there are so many guys that get their cards cancelled by B o A when it comes to tags there is no way I would have a Bo A card !! In all the years I have put in on a cc I have never had one problem. I do call the cc company and tell them to authorize any game and fish charge from any state Im applying in.

Hawkeye, as convient as the online process is I am starting to think going paper, early with a money order is the way to go, the rest of it put to many possibilties of error into it. If they to go all online in the future they need to guarentee you atleast get abonus point when they take your $7.50 for the application fee, that way your loyaty point is safeguarded too, JLG.
I agree.

However, the paper option has a few minefields as well. The data entry clerk might transpose a number or two. Rare, but I'm sure it's happened.

I like the online option as it gives me total control in the data entry. If I screw up, I screw up. However, if a bank gets "trigger happy" and deems 3 charges as fraud....you're screwed.

So here's a solution: Continue the online process, but add the option to pay with an electronic check. Thousands of businesses use this every day. I pay alot of bills this way. Its fool-proof. Enter the Routing/Transit number and your account number. Funds are withdrawn immediately from your checking account. It's the same as writing and sending a paper check. Only faster.

Now a person has total control of ALL the data and funds. As long as there is a balance in your checking account at the time you complete your application, there is ZERO chance of error. AZG&F has the money, your app is complete and accurate since its done online and you don't have to worry about getting a hit on a CC that may or may not deem the charge as fraudulent.

Bank of America is the worst of the worst. They are rated as the most hated bank in the USA.

Paper application, paper cashier checks.....never had a problem. I don't trust the online system of applications.

I'm tired of hearing all the crying about BofA and how they jammed everyone up who used them... Not trying to be rude but no one has any excuse to complain... BofA has been known for a few years now for screwing people out of tags by denying charges. I understand that might be the only bank avaliable to some but if you want to insure yourself a solid app and payment to G&F write a check or get a money order. There is no excuse to blame your bank since everyone has been well aware of the BofA error for a long time now. This is on you if you trusted your BofA account. There is such a thing as online banking as well. I don't know anyone that can afford to elk/antelope hunt that doesn't have the Internet... So once again I'm in no way trying to offend anyone but its your own fault if you're rejected because of BofA. Good luck to the ones that drew tags!

• Like 3

I submit paper, copied and saved to my pc, funds by check, delivered prior to the correction period, then call and make them read back my app as entered in the system.

• Like 1

I'm tired of hearing all the crying about BofA and how they jammed everyone up who used them... Not trying to be rude but no one has any excuse to complain... BofA has been known for a few years now for screwing people out of tags by denying charges. I understand that might be the only bank avaliable to some but if you want to insure yourself a solid app and payment to G&F write a check or get a money order. There is no excuse to blame your bank since everyone has been well aware of the BofA error for a long time now. This is on you if you trusted your BofA account. There is such a thing as online banking as well. I don't know anyone that can afford to elk/antelope hunt that doesn't have the Internet... So once again I'm in no way trying to offend anyone but its your own fault if you're rejected because of BofA. Good luck to the ones that drew tags!

All I can say is WOW!!

I use B of A credit card for airline miles,never had an issue until now. My wife called to make a payment on the 21st,they notified her that a merchant called and said the card had been comprimised,so they cancelled without notifying.They said it was someone in our area on the 20th. I called and had them extend my account for 5 days.

I called and checked yesterday and had a charge of 114 on the 20th and then g and f refunded 114 the same day. Any idea why that is?

Sounds like Bank of America took a tag from you this year.......A guy at my work had a similar issue with Bank of America this year. He was informed that his card would be inactive and they would be sending him a new card just 1-2 days before you could update your credit card information on the azgfd website. Luckily he was able to update his credit card info at the last second, but it sounds like he may of been one of the lucky ones. If there's this many people having issues with Bank of America around the time of the draw and that they decline azgfd charges, than they definitely have something against guns and hunting. I wouldn't ever trust banking with these guys and I think a lot more hunters need to be informed to stop banking with this bank!