Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

'Simplified' Fees by AZGFD

This will be very unpopular even among my friends. Lol. I agree with increases. How much should depend on the hunt. "Premium tags" should be more than "general hunts". For example early rifle/muzzleloader hunts should be more than late nov/dec hunts. Same with deer. However I think javelina hunts should be free! JK

Dog pile....!!!!

This will be very unpopular even among my friends. Lol. I agree with increases. How much should depend on the hunt. "Premium tags" should be more than "general hunts". For example early rifle/muzzleloader hunts should be more than late nov/dec hunts. Same with deer. However I think javelina hunts should be free! JK

Dog pile....!!!!

Good thing we got my scope rings lapped last week because our friendship is over. <_<

• Like 1

I could not disagree more with what Couesmagnet has to say! That is ridiculous!

• Like 1

I am all for kids having their tags prices dropped or reduced from current prices to being free. It's not about being selfish at all, but a a matter of numbers of applicants. I appreciate all the attacks for stating that i was ok with tag prices going up and for what reasons, and i'm sorry that you feel that angry with my opinion. Personally i would sell just about anything i have which is very little, to go elk hunting in our awesome state, so with that mentality some might understand where i was coming from with my opinion. I might live in scottsdale, but that's only thanks to my dad, cause i live with him after losing my house. Can anyone even try to imagine how brutal these web sites will be in under 2 years at the astronomical rate of increase of lameness that comes from stating your opinion to any post. Holy smokes , grab the oh sh't handle we're going in to the ditch clyde!!!

Well I think you all know how I feel about what was posted here. But does it surprise any of you? I, along with many others, have said it time and time again. AZGFD is just a bunch of money hungry thieves. They had to figure out a quick way to get that $100,000 they gave to Wagner haha but in all seriousness this is ridiculous. No one will support them in this yet the day after their meetings they will come out saying that the vast majority of people supported them in this and it will pass. Their "suggestions" or "recommendations" for the public are what they are going to do. They only put it out for the public so it looks like they gave everyone a chance to give their opinions. With no one to answer to and no end to the power they have it is only going to get worse. What's gonna stop them from raising them next year and the next? NOTHING. Glad to see you're seeing the light flatlander!

Bonecollector777

Dude you seriously need to just quit hunting. Take up needle working or gardening. You piss and moan more than anyone I have ever heard or seen on this site. Once you grow up and understand the real world and how it is not perfect, How there are economics and budgets and politics everywhere you turn, you will be such a much happier person. The world is not out to get you and make all your hunting experiences horrible. Its good that have a voice and evidently you like to voice it every chance you get. That is your right as an American. Complaining about it on a website does no good unless you are proactive. Join conservation groups, donate money to them, be heavily involved with them. Better yet it sounds like you need to be a politician. Because what you are complaining about on every single post is way way above your pay grade son. And your not going to change it. Enjoy your day. And smile today.

Awe. . what's even funnier is the fact that you get so bothered with what I say. I really couldn't care less about what you post so why do you care what I post? I'm one of the happiest people you will meet. I simply dislike the AZGFD and what they are doing and you can see that I will voice my opinion about them every chance I get. If someone had to have permission or if everyone had to like their opinion no one could give their opinion. Everyone else on this thread gave the same opinion about the AZGFD and what they are doing and you didn't say anything. I didn't know my comments were so important for you to follow and get your feelings hurt about. Great advice about just giving up on giving your opinion because it's not going to change anything. You should teach your kids that. I think it would be great if everyone learned to just give up on trying to change things they don't like. The world would be even better. NOT. Have a great day and relax a little today :)

• Like 3

I am all for kids having their tags prices dropped or reduced from current prices to being free. It's not about being selfish at all, but a a matter of numbers of applicants. I appreciate all the attacks for stating that i was ok with tag prices going up and for what reasons, and i'm sorry that you feel that angry with my opinion. Personally i would sell just about anything i have which is very little, to go elk hunting in our awesome state, so with that mentality some might understand where i was coming from with my opinion. I might live in scottsdale, but that's only thanks to my dad, cause i live with him after losing my house. Can anyone even try to imagine how brutal these web sites will be in under 2 years at the astronomical rate of increase of lameness that comes from stating your opinion to any post. Holy smokes , grab the oh sh't handle we're going in to the ditch clyde!!!

you said it yourself... weed out some applicants.... with rate increase this high that would mean people that can't afford the increase....

heck I could afford some more hunts at a higher rate if I lived with dad. I don't know you or your situation of why you lost your house, but that should make you think that some people ( probably most) are forced to live on tight budget, some on a fixed income. We all understand wanting to draw a tag, but Not at the expense of ridiculous increases. you have the right to voice your opinion...(an American right) I have the right to disagree... also my right as an American! It's not just kids!

James

• Like 1

I put in all over the west each year just wishing to get drawn anywhere i can. In new mexico for instance i put close to 800 dollars on the line each year to get drawn for elk. I consider paying anything under 500 a real bargain to go elk hunting in any state including mine, and i hope that the tag price increases will decrease the number of applicants. I don't have a lot of money either so this isn't some kind of rich guy poor guy thing, so i hope this doesn't get twisted around on me by someone else. It's to hard to get drawn as it is , so higher prices tend to weed out some people from putting in including their grandmother's second cousin who married uncle bart so they can go for a couple of days. I hope there is a tag price increase every other year or so, just to curb the numbers off applicants if anything.

You' re contradicting yourself a little here. First off I see that you are now living with your father so this might be why your willing to pay $500 for an elk tag. Secondly ask a poor man that likes to hunt if he can afford or would be willing to pay $500 for a tag. Your theory about less people putting in because the tags are more is out the door because the only thing that would probably cause this is if they have to front the money like we did on the paper app. Lastly it is becoming a rich mans sport in more ways then one but your wealthier individuals would be the ones in the past that put their grandmothers and their neighbor because they could afford to. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so I respect yours. I have up on the G&F when they changed all the hunts several years ago to increase their tags by offering crappy hunts with hundreds of tags.

• Like 1

it is turning into a rich/poor issue, and I had some exposure to G&F for a few years, have noticed a huge increase in the number of biologists on their payrolls, believe they outnumber WM's by about 3 or 4 to one nowadays, trying to make hunters fund ALL wildlife related activities in the state, basically 8% of the population of the state has to pay for all the hikers, bird watchers, campers, etc. And they really stuck up for us cash cows when the TMP's were put in place by the various Natl Forests.

I thank all of you for your responces even the lame ones. I appreciate the advice from people who know nothing of my situation. I've made my dad close to a hundred thousand dollars this year from several diff investments so again thanks for all the. Advice about priorities and all. Hunting has almost always come first to me and I will admit it has been a distraction at best at times. I live with my dad for several reasons and one was to pay down some student loan debt and to get back on my feet again. Its been a pleasure to live with him seeing he is the most awesome dad I could have ever asked for at every level and he is my best friend.if spending time with him at the age of 42 is to be looked at in a negative way then so be it but I think I'm lucky for it.hunting is my number one passion. And it is very high on the priorities list and I'm dam proud of it. It won't be long till I'm out of dads and making some good dough myself along with continueing to make my awesome dad even more money. Again thanks for all the attempted life leasons some offered. Anymore advise from from the perfect few?

• Like 1

I am wondering who the real push is coming from for this "simpler" approach because sometimes that is a very revealing issue as well.

Excellent point!