Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

'Simplified' Fees by AZGFD

Well, I knew better than to believe the AZGFD when they said they wanted to 'simplify' the license and tag fee structure. They weren't granted the power for a week before they proposed raising the price of an elk tag by an average of 37%. And their 'simplification includes creating 3 different prices for elk tags and 2 different prices for deer tags. Please attend the meetings and comment. I have stood by and defended AZGFD again and again. But I can't do it on this one.

post-5618-0-82144200-1368766401_thumb.jpg

Here is a link for better viewing.

http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/licenses_newFees.shtml

You can thank New mexico and good ole USO outfitters for the mentality

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is what it is all about instead of having a bunch of people try they will turn it into the "Well to do" sport.

:(

Well I think you all know how I feel about what was posted here. But does it surprise any of you? I, along with many others, have said it time and time again. AZGFD is just a bunch of money hungry thieves. They had to figure out a quick way to get that $100,000 they gave to Wagner haha but in all seriousness this is ridiculous. No one will support them in this yet the day after their meetings they will come out saying that the vast majority of people supported them in this and it will pass. Their "suggestions" or "recommendations" for the public are what they are going to do. They only put it out for the public so it looks like they gave everyone a chance to give their opinions. With no one to answer to and no end to the power they have it is only going to get worse. What's gonna stop them from raising them next year and the next? NOTHING. Glad to see you're seeing the light flatlander!

• Like 1

What is the definition of a "premium elk"?

One anyone would want to kill.

What is the definition of a "premium elk"?

One of my submitted questions. Also, how do we assure that the definition is not broadened over time. Asked about 5 others. BC777 - Don't get too excited, I choose my battles and I still don't agree with 70% of your ranting.

• Like 1

Just reviewed the PowerPoint and answered my own question. Essentailly any early season hunt will be a premium. What a load of crap!

Just reviewed the PowerPoint and answered my own question. Essentailly any early season hunt will be a premium. What a load of s***!

I was affraid of that. Not all early hunts are premium with the number of tags they issue.

• Like 1

I have talked to people that said these are nowhere near official numbers and were purposely started high because they expect any increase to be negotiated down by the public and the commission.

This is rediculous its just gonna keep going up guys and coach is right they don't care what we think or have to say when we talk at there meeting there just gonna be texting and feeding there faces and not hear a word we say cause there mind is already made up just like every meeting!!!

• Like 3

I have talked to people that said these are nowhere near official numbers and were purposely started high because they expect any increase to be negotiated down by the public and the commission

So now with our tag prices it is like buying a car? They start out ridicoulously high because they know we are going to beat them down to a lower price. That's it, this tears it.

• Like 1

Prices had to go up sooner than later there hasn't been a price increase in how long? I personally don't like the premium crap however I don't mind cow tags being a little cheaper than bull. Combo hunting lic. is a good deal 3 dollars more and I get urban plus 2 pole stamp. $5 for combo youth paid 20 a piece this last time. Don't like the proposed app fee almost doubling they need to take that down to say $10.

Simplify!!!

In most of those cases the residents will take a higher hit.

Deer residents +30% non +33%

Premium Deer residents +188% non +122%

Elk residents +27% non +11%

Premium Elk residents +75% non +70%

Attend a meeting and let our voices be heard, remember the forest service road policy got past just about everybody.

Spread the word in this forum and anywhere else you can.

The public is encouraged to submit comment. You can submit comment in any of three ways:

• Via a Comment Card that will be available at the meetings
  • Via e-mail to LicenseSimplification@azgfd.gov
  • Via U.S. mail to: Arizona Game and Fish Department, License Simplification Comment, Attn: Ben Alteneder, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086

It is important to keep in mind that the license structure and fee concepts in the Powerpoint and handout above (and that will be shown at the meetings) are only that – concepts. They are not recommendations at this point, but are meant to serve as a starting point for discussion. We want to know what constituents think and what input they might have.

The public meetings will be held beginning at 6 p.m. (except for the Sierra Vista meeting) on the following dates:

• Monday, May 20, Phoenix, Arizona Game and Fish Department headquarters, 5000 W. Carefree Highway (Note: This meeting will also be webcast at www.azgfd.gov/webcast).
  • Monday, May 20, Mesa, Arizona Game and Fish Department Mesa regional office, 7200 E. University Drive.
  • Tuesday, May 21, Tucson, Arizona Game and Fish Department Tucson regional office, 555 N. Greasewood Road.
  • Wednesday, May 22, Flagstaff, Arizona Game and Fish Department Flagstaff regional office, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road.
  • Wednesday, May 22, Yuma, Arizona Game and Fish Department Yuma regional office, 9140 E. 28th St.
  • Thursday, May 23, Kingman, Arizona Game and Fish Department Kingman regional office, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road.
  • Thursday, May 23, Page, Page Police Department Conference Room, 808 Coppermine Road.
  • Tuesday, May 28, Globe, Besh Ba Gowah Museum, 1324 S. Jesse Hayes Road.
  • Tuesday, May 28, Lake Havasu City, Lake Havasu City Aquatic Center, 100 Park Ave.
  • Tuesday, May 28, Sierra Vista (meeting starts after the 6 p.m. hunt guidelines meeting), Sierra Vista Police Department, 911 N. Coronado Drive.
  • Wednesday, May 29, Payson, Payson Public Library, 328 N. McLane Road.
  • Wednesday, May 29, Safford, Graham County General Services Building, 921 Thatcher Blvd.
  • Wednesday, May 29, Wickenburg, Wickenburg Community Center, 160 N. Valentine St.
  • Thursday, May 30, Eagar, Eagar Town Council Chambers, 22 W. 2nd St.
  • Thursday, May 30, Prescott, Yavapai County Building, 1015 Fair St.
  • Thursday, June 6, Ajo, Ajo Ambulance, Inc., 1850 N. Ajo Gila Bend Hwy.