Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Large Steel Tube For Sale

Obviously not hunting related, but I've got this huge steel pipe that a buddy gave me a while back to build a smoker out of. Well I never got around to it, and this stuff is still just sitting around. Honestly, I don't know what it's worth, but probably quite a bit just as scrap.

Anyone have an idea what's a fair price for this?

post-478-0-13629300-1368817264_thumb.jpg

The darker pipe is about 20" outside diameter and about 3/8" thick. Two are 24" long and the other is about 41" long.

The yellow pieces are closed on one end with a thick ring with bolt holes on the other. It's not quite as thick probably at least 1/4" though. They are about 19.5" in diameter and 23.5" long.

Thanks for looking.

Looks like Schedule 40 pipe. You might want to call around to a couple of Mechanical Contractors. They may offer you a bit more than scrap prices but there isn't much call for 20" pipe. Mostly 6-12" stuff for chillers and cooling towers.

You might get $ $50-75 for scrap! I take our left over steel down to the recycler every couple months. They would make for some good home made Dutch ovens tho.

You might get $ $50-75 for scrap! I take our left over steel down to the recycler every couple months. They would make for some good home made Dutch ovens tho.

Wow you must have a sweet deal with your scrapper. Last time we sold our scrap it was about $110 per ton.

But to someone who has use for it it could go for a lot more.

Bump, somebody bring me a bengi or a few 30 packs of bud and they are yours. Otherwise, I'm gonna end up welding them into a smoker, and that sounds like a lot of work.

Wow you must have a sweet deal with your scrapper. Last time we sold our scrap it was about $110 per ton.

But to someone who has use for it it could go for a lot more.

Steel is around 200$ per ton right now.

I would love to get this pipe. just need someone to want to drive it down to chandler.

Im headed up to greer in a couple weeks, I could prolly bring it back for you if you guys work something out.