Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

FIREFIGHTERS LOST

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE FAMILIES OF THE BRAVE FIREFIGHTERS LOST IN THE YARNELL WILDFIRE. I DID NOT KNOW ANY OF THESE MEN, BUT I WAS DEEPLY SADENED WHEN I HEARD THE NEWS THIS MORNING. MAY GOD BLESS THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES DURING THIS TRAGIC TIME.

Ditto.... So very sad

Pick up your shovels boys, there's smoke in the air.

Lightning has struck and they need us up there.

Into the trucks and gear, fire knows not the cost.

If it's not stopped, innocent lives will be lost.

The fire is running and there's no time to spare.

Dig that line, drag that hose, bring all forces to bear.

But the wind's come up, something is wrong.

Run boys, run, this fire is too strong!

Pull off your packs and into your shelters.

Pray for our children, and for their mothers.

The fire has passed, and so have we.

Into the wind, like smoke through the trees.

After they stop that fire they call Yarnell Hill,

our brothers will honor us, and drink toasts to their fill.

Were joining our brothers, in a legendary crew.

If others join us tomorrow, please let them be few.

Written and submitted by "Brotherhood of Fire" fan:

Matt Greenhalgh

Volunteer Firefighter

Walker Fire Department

Prescott, Arizona

June 30, 2013

May heaven restore you and may God bring peace to the loved ones you most tragically and sadly were forced to leave behind.

Our hearts, thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathies are with our brothers and sisters in Arizona.

Rest in peace all you Earthly Angels

Brotherhood Strong:

• Like 1

May heaven restore you and may God bring peace to the loved ones you most tragically and sadly were forced to leave behind.

Our hearts, thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathies are with our brothers and sisters in Arizona.

Brotherhood Strong:

I could not say it better if I tried for a thousand years. Just the thought of the pain and suffering the families and friends are feeling is enough to make a grown man cry. God Bless!

Brotherhood Strong:

I could not say it better if I tried for a thousand years. Just the thought of the pain and suffering the families and friends are feeling is enough to make a grown man cry. God Bless!

+ 1,000,000 Amen

TJ

Well stated.

I worked with these guys on many fires over the seasons, I am dumbfounded. Knowing them and their experience I can't imagine what the fire behavior was like in order to trap them. This wasn't a "pull together Type 2 crew", these guys knew their business and were good at it.

I said a prayer for the families as well. From our veterans to our fire fighters, its easy to take for granted what these people do for us on a daily basis. What happened to these fire fighters should be a sobering reminder to us all to appreciate what the people in these highly dangerous public service jobs do to protect us the public from so many dangerous events in our lives. I would like to thank everyone who has these jobs for their efforts. Makes a fella think he's lucky to be be an american.

God bless all the firefighters that were lost in the Yarnell fire. My warmest sincere blessings and deepest sympathy go out to the families as well. I know its a difficult time now but, hopefully from the help and support of others it will help lesson the pain. I am so gratefull to these firefighters and their families for all they do and have done. It's definately a very difficult job they do. So "THANK YOU" from the bottom of my heart....!!!!!! It's a sad shame that we lost such wonderfull people......! My prayers go out to all......!!

very sad day for AZ. I was readintg online that The wesbroro babtist church was planning on protesting their funerals. I hope this isnt true.