Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Mt lion meat?

Was just looking threw some pics of mt lions and was wondering if you guys eat the meat of the mt lion that any of you guys have shot. I have never shot a mt lion but not sure i would eat it if i did. Just wanted to get a little feedback on the taste if eaten

do not waste the meat - it is great tasting - like anything some will praise others will turn up their nose -

lion meat is very good!

I gave my lion meat to a game and fish officer so he could bbq'd it up at the office picnic-- when the office was at 35th greenway - everyone wanted seconds and thirds! I enjoyed it!

• Like 1

Lion meet is excellent, much like a tender, lean pork. So will balk at eating cat, but those who try it are quickly won over.

in very obscure literature from the mid 1800's there are many references to 'painter' in stories and conversations with the mountain men and scouts of the southwest. Mainly from writers who went to the rendezvous' at Taos and Santa Fe. The 'painter' or panther was a common food source at that time and was considered the finest meat to be had. it was so universally enjoyed by the trappers and scouts that they used the name 'painter' as an adjective. 'painter' was the finest meat, they began using it in the context of anything that was the finest. a top grade rifle became a 'painter hawken' or a stack of fine beaver pelts became 'painter hides'. i have read 'painter squaw', 'painter pony', 'painter trap', and 'painter coffee'.

what little i have had was excellent.

lee

/>you shoot it you eat it

Lol, how many coyotes have you eaten? I have also heard lion meat is tasty, I can 't wait for to kill one and try it out for myself ;)

• Like 2

/> you shoot it you eat it

Lol, how many coyotes have you eaten? I have also heard lion meat is tasty, I can 't wait for to kill one and try it out for myself ;)

Hey my neighbors ate a skunk once!! I killed one in my garage that would not go away and animal control would not come deal with it. I shot it in the head with a .22 short and was getting a shovel and garbage bag when they showed up and asked, "hey whatcha gonna do with it?" I told them I was gonna put it in a bag and throw it in the trash. So they took it and ate it the next day. I passed on the skunkBQ.

it does NOT taste like chicken! ;)

We've made summer sausage and slim jims outta them and it's good. Some of my family have had fresh back straps on the fire and said it was awesome, I'll just take their word for it. JIM>

Bobcat is also really good eatin.

Your talking about eating an animal who's diet is mainly tasty deer. I have tried it once and loved it.

• Like 1

you shoot it you eat it

Fox, coyote, raccoon, badger, coati, skunk, ringtail? If you eat it, I want video?

• Like 1

If you have eaten at any of the real mexican taco stands or a chineeze food buffete then you have probably eaten "el gato taco" or "MoO GoO kit tay"! SO WHAT THE BIG DEAL WITH A LION STEAK?

I have tried Bobcat backstrps once!

• Like 1

you shoot it you eat it

I'll save my coyotes for ya

James