muledeerarea33?

Regular joe workout

/>I am convinced burpees are the single best exercise on the planet. I started out doing 5 every minute until I could get to an hour. Now I just go to a max of 30 minutes, but add one burpee per minute each time I hit half an hour. Right now I am at 9 burpees per minute for 16 minutes. I am having a competition with my brother, which keeps me going. The other day he did 18 sets of 9 which is going to suck to beat. After you have done burpees until you are about to pass out, nothing else seems hard in comparison. It is unbelievable how much harder it is when you add one more burpee per minute. Hopefully this self torture will pay dividends when I am hunting elk at 11000 feet this October.

Wow! That's a lot of endurance man. Nice workout!

Cardio is a must. But so is weight resistance. Some major muscle group exercises will go a long way in making hunting and scouting trips a whole lot more enjoyable. No reason to isolate specific muscles, unless you have time, 30-45 minutes every other day can cover alot of exercises. Think about what we do on a hunt - set up camp, cut wood, move coolers and water jugs around, dig holes, hike w/packs, drag out deer........

I am convinced burpees are the single best exercise on the planet. I started out doing 5 every minute until I could get to an hour. Now I just go to a max of 30 minutes, but add one burpee per minute each time I hit half an hour. Right now I am at 9 burpees per minute for 16 minutes. I am having a competition with my brother, which keeps me going. The other day he did 18 sets of 9 which is going to suck to beat. After you have done burpees until you are about to pass out, nothing else seems hard in comparison. It is unbelievable how much harder it is when you add one more burpee per minute. Hopefully this self torture will pay dividends when I am hunting elk at 11000 feet this October.

Probably the most hated workout in anyone's excersie regime!! We used to say: Burpee! Thy name is Death!

But you're right. There is no better full body workout.

i get it im gonna incorperate it into my workout. burpee

I had never heard of Bupees so I watched the video. Holy crap...I did two and it wore me out...had to sit in my recliner with a beer to recuperate.

• Like 1

I had never heard of Bupees so I watched the video. Holy crap...I did two and it wore me out...had to sit in my recliner with a beer to recuperate.

EXACTLY! :rolleyes:

TJ

Deep fried mushrooms, onion rings, and hot wings with a few budlights to wash it all down. Then I might think about starting the burpee tomorrow. Got a feeling the burpee might start tonight. BURP, excuse me while I burp again. :huh: Peg, please get me another budlight thank you. :D

TJ

Dang!! Not sure ill attempt the burpee!!! Alot of good work out ideas posted. I'll be going in a few months to get my left carpel tunal done (already did the right) also I have an appt with a foot doc for possible plantar fasciitis. I guess my answer is just to eat less and better quality for now, haha I say that at I have country style ribs in the Dutch oven and calevisitas ready to cook with a drink in my hand. I'm trying to schedule it all so ill have 6-8 weeks off to scout before my early dec hunt.

Dang!! Not sure ill attempt the burpee!!! Alot of good work out ideas posted. I'll be going in a few months to get my left carpel tunal done (already did the right) also I have an appt with a foot doc for possible plantar fasciitis. I guess my answer is just to eat less and better quality for now, haha I say that at I have country style ribs in the Dutch oven and calevisitas ready to cook with a drink in my hand. I'm trying to schedule it all so ill have 6-8 weeks off to scout before my early dec hunt.

Take care of that plantar faciitis. I have spent the last 10 months dealing with mine, and it got to the point where I could hardly walk after a day at work. Lot's of pain. Cortizone shots, and specially made supports helped. I got laid off awhile back, and spent a lot of time keeping off my foot. It did a world of good for healing. I am really wondering how this falls hunt will be on my foot.

• Like 1

Thanks snapshot, two years ago in 32 while hiking near Jackson cabin I managed to pull a boulder (300+lbs) down on top of my foot crushing it. When it healed, or as it healed. I tried to do to much and developed the heel pain. I hope they can just give me an awesome new titatinuim foot haha! But I thank god for short term disability insurance.

Take care of that plantar faciitis. I have spent the last 10 months dealing with mine, and it got to the point where I could hardly walk after a day at work. Lot's of pain. Cortizone shots, and specially made supports helped. I got laid off awhile back, and spent a lot of time keeping off my foot. It did a world of good for healing. I am really wondering how this falls hunt will be on my foot.

I had this for about a year. I think the most helpful thing was the sleeping boot and lots of regular stretching. I would stretch every 15-30 all day long.

Was just talking to a friend. He told me that Bupees are real popular among prisoners.

Not sure why this made me laugh lol

I recently downloaded an app on my phone called my fitness pal. Although it has only been two weeks, it has changed my life! I scan or punch in everything single thing I drink or eat (besides water or 0 calorie sodas etc). It set me up with a target caloric intake per day (2300) but I thought that was high for the amount of results I wanted in the amount of time I wanted. You can also input exercise, and it subtracts those calories from your daily total. The only thing it doesn't to is subtract calories burnt in normal daily activites, and any strenght training. So far, I have only gone over twice, once on my birthday (prime rib as a lot of calories, no cake or ice cream for me that day) and once the second day I had it...

I had a thrown out back all week so no gym for me but what I have been doing is running a sub 10 minute mile (usually right around 8-9minutes) then really concentrating on leg work outs. Squats and lunges particularly. Then, Ill go ride the bike for another 10 minutes before I leave. My back is finally starting to feel better, so with any luck Ill be back at the gym midweek!