muledeerarea33?

Regular joe workout

Cardio and keeping track of calorie intake. Check out myfitnesspal its an app that keeps track of your calories and shows your progress. Most foods are already in the system and you can scan any food with the barcode scanner.I highly recommend it.

I just watched the burpees vid, then I just HAD to try them... I did 15 and had to sit down and catch my breath, lol. I think I just found a new workout that I hate more than bleachers with a pack! Thanks for showing us burpees, also, I hate you a little bit...

Body Pump...great complete body workout. Light weights and a lot of reps for 1 hour. Lots of squats and lunges. Similar to crossfit.

I am convinced burpees are the single best exercise on the planet. I started out doing 5 every minute until I could get to an hour. Now I just go to a max of 30 minutes, but add one burpee per minute each time I hit half an hour. Right now I am at 9 burpees per minute for 16 minutes. I am having a competition with my brother, which keeps me going. The other day he did 18 sets of 9 which is going to suck to beat. After you have done burpees until you are about to pass out, nothing else seems hard in comparison. It is unbelievable how much harder it is when you add one more burpee per minute. Hopefully this self torture will pay dividends when I am hunting elk at 11000 feet this October.

Where I am from (and while I was in Artesia,NM) burpees was hated more then the f word by the Pope!

just did another hour at the gym, you now guys we just have to get of our butts and exersize, its easy to get fat and harder then shxt to get skinny its hard but worth it im down 52lbs and feel great .see you on top of the mountain. goodluck to all of us

• Like 1

I start out doing the stairclimber for 25-30 mins as fast as I can go.. It shows that I go about 2-2.5 miles??? All I know is it kicks my butt.. Then I weight train. And when I am done with that I go to the treadmill and finish myself off. I try to go at least a mile and a half..I do that at least 4 times a week.. I wish I could go more. Because its feels really good when you are done.. I don't watch what I eat. I should but don't. I have gotten stronger and my recovery time is short..

eat your regular deit because starving just makes your body fight back . eat something for breakfast to start your motabalism, and throw in some weiy protein within 1/2 after work out, im not a trainer but it really works. excersize on my friends your wife will love the new you.

I cut out beer, soda, and fried foods. That, plus working out, really gets me into shape quick, fast, and in a hurry.

• Like 1

I have no tags this year but joined Crossfit while I was still foolishly optimistic about drawing a tag. The workouts are brutal but will definitely get you into shape. Yes, there are lots of burpies involved.

• Like 1

eat your regular deit because starving just makes your body fight back . eat something for breakfast to start your motabalism, and throw in some weiy protein within 1/2 after work out, im not a trainer but it really works. excersize on my friends your wife will love the new you.

Lots of good stuff but these are both myths.. You do not need to get your protein in 1/2 hour after your workout and you will not go into starvation mode by not eating breakfast

• Like 1

When I can only work out for less than 40 minutes in a day, I will get two buddies and do a three way rotation of treadmill, burpees, and switching jump lunges. Each person starts on one of the exercises and we rotate as soon as the individual doing burpees finishes 5 repititions. I will do 4 sets of 10 minutes each, and take 1-2 minute breaks in between each set. Usually the treadmill will be on 8-10 MPH, and a person may do the switching jump lunges with weights. I have done this workout alone as well, as 5 burpees usually takes around a minute. This is a great workout for the core, cardio, and I have seen a great increase in my balance, it is absolutely exhausting though.

Thankfully my lifestyle before hunting was fitness all the way. I live by the rule to do something everyday no matter how big or small. My new rule is I don't get dinner if I don't work out in some way that day. It works pretty good but if I miss a day it throws me off and motivates me to get it done. Recently I went back to the basics, push ups sit ups pull ups squats and then I do triathlon style regimen with swimming biking and running throughout the week. One day a week at the gym I do a mini triathlon swimming for 30 minutes then biking for an hour class and then running 4 miles on the tread mill. Works for me. The main thing that really got me in this mode was the removal of television. We only watch movies on the dvd now and very little of that even. This gets me out working or working out instead of on the couch. Of course no fast food for the last 8 years helps and zero soda for me. Whiskey while in the saddle is my downfall.

Every year a group of sudo freinds gets together for the canyon hike so this motivates me to keep going on fitness so I am not hurting down the canyon.

Last year 4 of us did the double, rim to rim on friday then back on saturday. I was really ready for some backcountry after that one.

Burpees were huge in the college football days....they are a full body work out in one exercise

And they suck! But I've got to admit, I think I'm hooked on them... My whole body hurts so I think I'm doing it right.

Regular "Joe" workout!

in past years it was hunt as I am and do my best to keep up. This last year I've made a ton of lifestyle changes, lost some weight, gained some muscle so it's game on! Personally I believe it is something you need to do year round.

• Like 3