Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Anybody start their hunting beard?

Desert Bull, some need it , The manscaping. Most hunters are married to Fat girls or divorced. Id' say 20% of guys that hunt seriously are married to hot chicks and the rest are divorced or have fat ugly wives. Serious hunters spend a lot a time gone , and momma won't put up with it. So a lot a guys settle for who ever will........ Your siocologist,BOB!

Desert Bull, some need it , The manscaping. Most hunters are married to Fat girls or divorced. Id' say 20% of guys that hunt seriously are married to hot chicks and the rest are divorced or have fat ugly wives. Serious hunters spend a lot a time gone , and momma won't put up with it. So a lot a guys settle for who ever will........ Your siocologist,BOB!

Did you really just say that? :angry: Pretty ignorant perspective!

Did you really just say that? :angry: Pretty ignorant perspective!

Now your gonna get it! Someone was drinking when they responded last night.

Its true. Most guides I know are on there second wives ,cause there gone so much to do the job right....BOB

Its true. Most guides I know are on there second wives ,cause there gone so much to do the job right....BOB

I am not a guide.....but I have already been through 2 wives.

" I am always on the lookout for a future x-wife"

Well since I'm half apache and half mexican I have to try to grow a hunging stache haha and that barely works but good thing I'm always slaying animals or id have one weird wiskery stache :)

• Like 1

Hunting beard? Well, I always have a beard. I think that means I should ALWAYS be hunting. ;-)

• Like 2

i'm clean shaven at the moment, but could look like a civil war general by tuesday if i wanted. i usually don't let it go until i'm actually on the hunt. i do wear some abbreviated "chops" year round however. my beard is somewhere between rattlesnake fangs and a prickely pear cactus. so the wife doesn't like me to have it all the time, but she does like the way it looks.

• Like 1

My dad suggested I grow one about 10 years ago before hunting season. I hadn't yet killed a deer and he said it was time to mix the luck up and grow a hunting beard.... That year, 3 months before the hunt I quit shaving and finally tagged my first buck! I grew one every year, until 5 years ago when the career I started had grooming standards, so no more hunting beard for me. Damnn you, professionalism.

And was it the ugliest beard in all the land? :D

I was going to wait until mid September or so to start the hunting beard, but am considering moving that date up a bit. I much prefer wearing a beard to shaving. I'm thinking late August will be the right time.

Started mine in '74 when I got out of the Navy. finally cut it off for good when it went totally white. No camo effect then.

Officially started mine today as i haven't shaved since Thursday and when i went to shave today i left the beard there. It'll grow in nice and full by the 23rd. I'm ready for OTC deer.