archermatt

6A Bulls

There are some giants in Mormon lake every year. Those bulls don't run all the way down there from Units 9&10 to stand in that mud.

Funny the biggest bulls you have every seen are in 6A. Some of you guys need to expand your horizons. :)

Where we hunt its all about quality not quanity. ;)

• Like 1

Sir don't take this the wrong way but I have been hunting in other units and 6a holds its own. Those units that are managed for trophy bulls should have 380-400 class bulls all over. With 6a in the last 5 to 10 years I have seen a decrease in the quality of bulls, I feel due to the increase number of tags but their are still some trophy class bulls that wander 6a. To be honest a trophy is in the eye of the beholder the spike I killed last year will be my favorite trophy. Good luck to all in every unit, for every season, for every animal possible.

• Like 7

Do your homework and you can still find great bulls in 6a.Here are a couple ive taken out of 6a with a bow! Both were 6x 's and the one had 12.5" bases.

post-2694-0-83293100-1377460610.jpg

post-2694-0-73080800-1377460621_thumb.jpg

post-2694-0-03008300-1377460632.jpg

post-2694-0-89730500-1377460650_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I still remember that bull Ruthunter, the mass is unreal! Wasn't he a real old bull? A true 6a giant!

Yes at the time the taxidermist said that his neck measurement was the largest circumfrance measurement he had ever seen. The bull also had no ivorys left.

HEY RUTHUNTER......I THINK IVE REMEMBER A GREAT BULL FROM 6A THAT GAVE US A SLIP!

Is it going slow for anyone else here in 6a? I've barely been hearing bugles and haven't seen many elk at all. I did manage to glass up a big bull from a long ways off and got some pics. It's blurry but you can make out the antlers.

post-2549-0-63293200-1379212777_thumb.jpg

post-2549-0-03465200-1379212831_thumb.jpg

I got back last night after 9 days scouting/ deer hunting. Very few bugles in the morn/evening but tons of fresh sign. I was in 4 different parts of the unit and narrowed it down to 2 to hunt. Rain caused every draw and road into streams and mosquitoes were thick but still found a good number of elk.

I do have a backup bull located but hoping for something a little better. This bull was pushing cows a little and was tolerating a raghorn as long as he didn't get too close.

5f01a641-e73b-4ee3-8d7f-d84d9190cada.jpg

Hopefully it picks up. We start huntin Wed evening.

Wow, that is freaking amazing....I have a bonus point to get me closer next year.

Alex

Nice! Good luck!

Guest wdenike

6aNut,

You sure have some beautiful pictures!!!! Wanted to ask ya a question. In one of those pictures I noticed what appeared to be a pair of Dunham Duraflex boots someone was wearing. Ya sure don't see them very often in Arizona. Are you all native Arizonians?? Seeing those boots were sorta a blast from the past. I'll just say I have a few miles logged in those boots. :D

Take care, Willie