archermatt

6A Bulls

6a could be one of the top units in the state if g&f wasnt so greedy

• Like 3

Oh boy here we go again . . . let me save us the time:

Group A: "Game & Fish is so greedy they have ruined every elk unit from 1-7, now they are working on 9&10. It won't be long and there won't be abull over 280 left in the state."

Group B: "G&F isn't greedy and they need all that $$$ to buy manage wildlife (and pay settlements with their employee-poachers) . . .We have the best G&F in the world. If you don't believe me go hunt ID."

Group A: "You are all nothing but a bunch of G&F groupies, you probably have posters of Larry Voyles on your bedroom walls. Your man crush with these guys makes me sick. You are clearly all too dumb to see how they are ripping us off . . ."

Group B: "You guys are a bunch of uneducated goons, what do you want our state to be just like Utah, with the so called sportsmen's groups auctioning off our tags. The G&F is smarter than we can ever hope to be, we have to trust them."

Group A: "Your dumb!"

Group B: "No your dumb"

Group A: "My dad can beat up your dad!"

Ok can we just bypass the whole G&F debate and see more pics of bulls now?

• Like 13

Great Pics.....! Thanks for sharing.....! Awesome!

Good luck Matt. I'm jealous of all that have elk tags this year.

Group A: "Game & Fish is so greedy they have ruined every elk unit from 1-7, now they are working on 9&10. It won't be long and there won't be abull over 280 left in the state."

Group B: "G&F isn't greedy and they need all that $$$ to buy manage wildlife (and pay settlements with their employee-poachers) . . .We have the best G&F in the world. If you don't believe me go hunt ID."

Group A: "You are all nothing but a bunch of G&F groupies, you probably have posters of Larry Voyles on your bedroom walls. Your man crush with these guys makes me sick. You are clearly all too dumb to see how they are ripping us off . . ."

Group B: "You guys are a bunch of uneducated goons, what do you want our state to be just like Utah, with the so called sportsmen's groups auctioning off our tags. The G&F is smarter than we can ever hope to be, we have to trust them."

Well anything sounds dumb when you say it like that lol

Lol I'll rephrase... 6a would be one of the top units in the state if there wasn't so many tags.. No reason it shouldn't be

• Like 3

6A is an opportunity elk hunt - that's what it is designed to be. There are some quality bulls in the unit for sure, but there are also a bunch of hunters/tags. There is no mystery as everyone knows that going in. If chasing trophy bulls with few hunters in the unit is your choice, don't put in for 6A. There's a bunch of elk units in the state that afford different opportunities - put in for one of the units that is managed in a style that fits your preference. Pretty simple.

Back to the pictures!!!

p.s. 6ANut, is your family looking to adopt a middle aged hunter? ;) They sure do kill some nice bulls and a whole bunch of them!

• Like 1

6A is an opportunity elk hunt - that's what it is designed to be. There are some quality bulls in the unit for sure, but there are also a bunch of hunters/tags. There is no mystery as everyone knows that going in. If chasing trophy bulls with few hunters in the unit is your choice, don't put in for 6A. There's a bunch of elk units in the state that afford different opportunities - put in for one of the units that is managed in a style that fits your preference. Pretty simple.

Back to the pictures!!!

p.s. 6ANut, is your family looking to adopt a middle aged hunter? ;) They sure do kill some nice bulls and a whole bunch of them!

Lets triple the tags and see how long 9 and 10 are trophy units lol trophy hunters vs meat hunters blah blah blah etc etc who cares nothing we can do about it..

On that note, this bull is alive and well assuming he survived the winter.. Definitely the bull Id be looking for.. If I didnt have a unit 10 tag ;)

574946D0-E28C-4C30-86BB-D2366E1BAB99-433

F558AF7D-9C4C-45D1-A1F3-791FAA9620DE-202

Im 6'3'' for reference

Now there are some horns!!

Devil Diver Down

Seems like we are of the similar age might be hard to share. Lol, some of my buddies have jumped on board, of this elk killing train. The olders guys I hunt with, like guys like us, when they get an elk down they know it will just cost them a bar tab, a 30 pack of Coors Light, and a fresh backstrap steak for dinner.

• Like 3

Devil Diver Down

Seems like we are of the similar age might be hard to share. Lol, some of my buddies have jumped on board, of this elk killing train. The olders guys I hunt with, like guys like us, when they get an elk down they know it will just cost them a bar tab, a 30 pack of Coors Light, and a fresh backstrap steak for dinner.

Wait wait wait.... You get a bar tab, backstraps, AND beer out of the deal??!? I have been under charging for years!

• Like 3

The biggest bull I saw was in 6A. Glassed him and a buddy just coming out in the open late one afternoon after two days of rain and snow. I was probably 3/4's of a mile away sitting up on a small mountain in the southern part of the hunt. I waited for what seemed like forever for his buddy to move so I could get a good look at him when he finally took another step forward and turned to face me and I saw that there wasn't another bull with him and what I had been looking at was one huge bull.

With light fading all I could do was head back down the mountain to camp a few hundred yards below. My guide and I got up early and drove through the muck and mire the next morning to get a bit closer and hunted that hill pretty hard but only came across a couple of small 320ish bulls.