Sign in to follow this  
CruiseforCoues

Camera Theft

The FS is able to cite the owner of the equipment for "damage to a natural resource" if they find any tree or resource damage caused by the bolting, screwing, chaining, or strapping of a camera to a tree... Same goes for blinds, treestands and anything else. They always say, "the owner can have it back right after I write them a $250 ticket for damages caused"... it sucks but that's the game they're playing.

Here's what I did to keep from hurting the trees. I hang my cameras by the chain on a limb up high on the backside of the tree. Then I place a rock behind the camera to get the right angle and let gravity do the rest. it wont damage the tree. If you lift the camera the chain is loose so it doesn't even strangle the tree. Very tree friendly. If you look closely at the camera box you will see a red dot light attached to the top, that is a pointer that centers the picture. I point it at a target, rock or whatever and that target will be center of the picture. I bought the box, chains, locks and light for right at 20 bucks.

GBA

game and fish, and the national forrest service check more water tanks consistently than any of us hunters. i know a lot of those officers hunt too. leaving something in the field i was told can be claimed as lost property after 24hours? who do you think is taking your cameras, you might be surprised.

Went to check a cam today for my deer spot and boom! Cam stolen....second one this month...people suck

YEAH, THIEVES REALLY SUCK!!!!!

HOPE MINE IS STILL THERE!

PULLED THE OTHERS LAST WEEK...\

james

Here's what I did to keep from hurting the trees. I hang my cameras by the chain on a limb up high on the backside of the tree. Then I place a rock behind the camera to get the right angle and let gravity do the rest. it wont damage the tree. If you lift the camera the chain is loose so it doesn't even strangle the tree. Very tree friendly. If you look closely at the camera box you will see a red dot light attached to the top, that is a pointer that centers the picture. I point it at a target, rock or whatever and that target will be center of the picture. I bought the box, chains, locks and light for right at 20 bucks.

GBA

...not to mention, when the thief lifts the camera, the rock hits him on the head :wacko: We need to think along the lines of booby-traps :rolleyes:

Dam, I will be checking my cameras next Saturday. I hope they are still there. WOW what a shame people do this. When I see a camera I just politly wave and say Hi. They have been out a couple weeks as well!!!

Don't lag bolt them to the tree on NFS land... that is breaking the law... just like the guy stealing the camera.

Why would you put them where people can find them? if its on a tank they will get stolen.

its as simple as that, I hate theives to, we all know people and once in a long while the forest service leaves there office to go to the woods,and pick up a few

I have never had a camera stolen in 20 years but i don't sit water.and don't usually put them wherer it is easy access to get to,

Seldom Drawn