Sign in to follow this  
mpriest

Do beards provide camo?

Im sitting here in my blind with lots of time to think about thinks. One thought that ran through my head was "I need to shave tonight before my girlfriend gets back from her work trip." Then the next thought that ran through my mind was maybe my face stands out less with my beard and I am more camouflaged.

I have now put some serious thought into this and was wondering what everyone else's opinion on this was?

....and now it is starting to rain on me so maybe my beard will help shed some water and keep my face warmer...

• Like 1

Im sitting here in my blind with lots of time to think about thinks. One thought that ran through my head was "I need to shave tonight before my girlfriend gets back from her work trip." Then the next thought that ran through my mind was maybe my face stands out less with my beard and I am more camouflaged.

I have now put some serious thought into this and was wondering what everyone else's opinion on this was?

....and now it is starting to rain on me so maybe my beard will help shed some water and keep my face warmer...

Beards do two things: good camo for hunting and chasing loser women away. LOL

• Like 5

not if they are white! that is as far as hunting camo is concerned!
IDK, I think I'd dye mine if it goes white. Do they make a coyote brown hair dye? How about sage bush green?
  • Like 1

My beard is becoming great winter/snow camo!

not if they are white! that is as far as hunting camo is concerned!
  • Like 1

Seeing as how the whole point of camo is to break up your outline, I would say that a beard is most definitely camouflage.

• Like 1

Facial hair of most kinds has many benefits - camoflage being the least of them unless you are trying to blend in at a homeless shelter in hopes of securing a free meal. The principal benefits are psycological. The pure intimidation factor of gray and black facial hair, for example, is enough to convince most game animals, and most 40+ bar-fly/ex-biker chicks to give up playing "hard-to-get" through nothing more than mere display.

The same is true for local hoodlums (also knowns as those wanna-be's that are trying to get your daughter's attention). Try and scare one of those testosterone-filled knumb skulls off with your clean-shaven face, and pink - or "coral" - as they say now, collared shirt and Birkenstocks with socks on - not gonna happen. But a clean shaven head, some curly fuzz around your jaw and chin, a tight, sleeveless shirt that shows off your 24-pack abs, and sunburned forearms, camo shorts with boots, and junior Mr. tough guy becomes Mr. "Yes Sir, No Sir".

• Like 2

Yes they do but it hurts when bowstring pulls hairs out!

Also camo face paint makes my face break out like im going thru puberty all over so id rather lose few bear hairs here and there from bow string

According to the regular military: Beards do not have ANY benefits. That is why I must painfully shed mine every Monday-Friday morning before PT...

It's a shame the top brass doesn't realize that our nation's best and most elite Soldiers are in fact enabled by relaxed grooming standards which allow them to grow a beard like a real man only then to go out and dominate the friggen globe.

So after not having anything happen in 5 days of hunting I am going to shave. I was thinking about shaving earlier today and tonight I got to draw on a buck so maybe if I actually shave I will get to close the deal.

/>Facial hair of most kinds has many benefits - camoflage being the least of them unless you are trying to blend in at a homeless shelter in hopes of securing a free meal. The principal benefits are psycological. The pure intimidation factor of gray and black facial hair, for example, is enough to convince most game animals, and most 40+ bar-fly/ex-biker chicks to give up playing "hard-to-get" through nothing more than mere display.

The same is true for local hoodlums (also knowns as those wanna-be's that are trying to get your daughter's attention). Try and scare one of those testosterone-filled knumb skulls off with your clean-shaven face, and pink - or "coral" - as they say now, collared shirt and Birkenstocks with socks on - not gonna happen. But a clean shaven head, some curly fuzz around your jaw and chin, a tight, sleeveless shirt that shows off your 24-pack abs, and sunburned forearms, camo shorts with boots, and junior Mr. tough guy becomes Mr. "Yes Sir, No Sir".

Someone's paranoid about their daughters dating haha...jk ;)

Beards are great camo. As soon as I retire I can grow my beard back and look as handsome as I did back in 89.

post-1903-0-27400300-1377918850_thumb.jpg

Definitely worked on this goose..

• Like 2