Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

Parker Colburn's 2013 AZ Archery Deer

My oldest son Parker (age 11) and I headed out this past weekend for the opening weekend of the Arizona archery deer hunt.  Parker made a perfect  30 yard shot on a mule deer buck the first evening to harvest his first big game animal with a bow.  I was super excited for him.  He practices with his bow almost every night and it paid off!  Here are some pictures and the video.

IMG_4999.JPG

IMG_5003.JPG

IMG_5019.JPG

View the full article

• Like 3

I agree with Pine Donkey, this has got to be my favorite so far as well. Awesome video. :D

TJ

Great job Parker..... Congratulations on a great buck

Nice shot Parker and congrats on your first deer with a bow

I too want to offer congratulations on your first, of which I am sure will be many, big game animals with a bow. I really want to give a HUGE thumbs up to Dad here. It is so great to see an accomplished hunter and outfitter teaching his kids that they don't need to start off being hung up on antler size! I bet it did not make any difference that it wasn't a P&Y class animal. Very glad to see this great lesson being taught. Way to go to all involved and again, great job!!!

This is too cool. Congrats little guy. Love it when the little ones harvest.

Parker, I knew you would get one this year after seeing you shoot at 3D targets at the Outdoorsman's venue at Cardinal Stadium this year...

Great Job, I can't wait for my boys to be old enough to hunt...

Good Job to you to DAD... (We never get any credit...)

Sign in to follow this