Sign in to follow this  
creed_az_88

lost 30-06 in 30a

I'm posting this for some relatives. My two young cousins had the youth hunt down south at the beginning of the month. My 13 year old cousin pulled a bone head move and left his rifle on the side of the road in unit 30a. They said that they had seen a jeep Cherokee with a diesel motor in the area that they were hunting and they assumed that the Cherokee might have came across it. The 30-06 is a winchester model 70 with a wood stock. If anybody happens to know somebody that found a rifle in unit 30a, it would be greatly appreciated if you could pass it along that the rifle belongs to a cwt.com members family member. The family that lost the gun just recently had they're home damaged by flood water so buying a newrifle is out of the question and reward money from them would probably be out of the question also but I would be willing to come up with a little reward money if needed. Thank you for reading and I can be reached at 520-578-0263 if anybody has any info.

-creed

I bet he feels terrible. I think we have all left stuff out there at one time or another. I left a brand new pair of subscription sun glasses in 33 a few years ago and I know of a guy who left a pair of Zeiss Binos in 29 many years ago.

Good luck hope you guys find it!

I think I found the rifle last Sunday. I've talked to a couple of people that had signed at the Game and Fish box and hadn't found the owner yet. I was just getting on to post it and seen this. I tried to call your number but no luck there. give me a call 520-559-5884.

• Like 1

What a class act. Hunting4... (not sure if he wants his real name announced online) found the rifle. I am getting the rifle tomorrow from him. My aunt and uncle will be extremely relieved when I surprise them tomorrow with the rifle. This world has some good people left in it after all. Good karma will come to you Mr. Hunting4...

• Like 4

NOW this is why this is the best site out there. OUTSTANDING this post is like what 3 or 4 posts of lost and found items getting returned to the rightful owners in the last few months. ASSUME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

What a great group of people we have as members on this site. Huntin4 what a honest thing you did. This kid must have been heart broken and you just made his whole year.

Things like this make me proud to still be a hunter. It just makes me mad to know there are fake, hunters whom leaves trash and beer cans in there camp site. But there is still hope when people like us all still do the right thing