Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

What's your most important piece of hunting gear?

Here's what I take when hunting, in order of importance:

License and tag,

rifle and ammo,

knife,

pocket knife,

binoculars,

water,

Moses stick,

matches and toilet paper,

candy bars, orange,

credit cards/cash (for gas, motel and food).

Unlike most of you, I grew up in an era where we had lockers at school and nobody owned a backpack. I tried wearing one of those darned things on only one hunt, and gave it away. If it doesn't fit in my pockets, it stays at home.

Bill Quimby

• Like 1

I am in the bino, tripod and spotting scope crowd. Too much a part of what I do. You can always cut off a shirt sleeve or part of a sock for TP.

• Like 1

Flashlight.

For me- it's high calorie sugary snacks... the walgreens fruit snacks are my absolute favorite. I honest to god need a calorie break every 2.5 hours when I'm climbing around a lot. I can feel it when my body just wants some electrolytes and calories, and I find that sugary fruit snacks deliver them the fastest. I use fruit snacks, Jelly Belly Sport Beans, Clif Shot Blocks, fruit roll ups, etc. Doesn't matter which, I ALWAYS have lots of them in my pack.

When I hunt with a partner, 2 way radios with earbuds. We have been most successful when one calls the other when something is spotted. That plus butt pad/stool , and shade-have a 4x6 reminant of leafy wear and some small spring clips. Can make shade or a blind almost anywhere.

Someone else said this earlier but my glass seat. A nice pad makes everything else much nicer. Of course that is behind all the normal answers.