Guest wdenike

COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL GREED AND ROBBERY!!!!!!!

Guest wdenike
Little willie, you can vote with your pocket book.

Yeah, That pretty much confirmed what I already knew, everyone has a price. There aint many of us left with principles, and a moral compass.

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

Hey, they gotta pay for the new trucks and boats somehow...

the new 3/4 ton duramax AZGFD truck i see on the 202 every morning on my way to work pisses me off.

You're joking, right? Some things in life make me a little angry, but a new truck purchased by G&F isn't one of them. Do you get angry when you see a new police cruiser or helicopter? Maybe you expect G&F to purchase used pick-ups? (They can make a bid on my 96 GMC if they want..... ) ;)

S.

• Like 2

I find the support for these exorbitant fees surprising. Especially for residents. We are indeed being robbed. To demonstare this fact lets look at the rates residents in the other western states are paying.

NM

Deer $42

Elk $91 bull $61 cow

Antelope $61

UT

Deer $40

Elk $50

Antelope $55

CO

Deer $31

Elk $46

Antelope $31

NV

Deer $30

Elk $120

Antelope $60

WY

Deer $38

Elk $52

Antelope $33

ID

Deer $19.75

Elk $30.75

Antelope $31.25

MT

Deer $16

Elk $20

Antelope $19

Yeah, our new rates are totally fair. I did the math. On the application fee increase alone only counting the "main" draws they are gaining 6.5 million dollars.

I suppose those of you who happily support this are just hoping the poor, less dedicated, and non-residents stop applying for your tags and increase your odds.

• Like 4

the new 3/4 ton duramax AZGFD truck i see on the 202 every morning on my way to work pisses me off.

You're joking, right? Some things in life make me a little angry, but a new truck purchased by G&F isn't one of them. Do you get angry when you see a new police cruiser or helicopter? Maybe you expect G&F to purchase used pick-ups? (They can make a bid on my 96 GMC if they want..... ) ;)

S.

ya i think they should be using the same ones they were 10 years ago

• Like 1

S.

ya if we dont need them. i think AZGFD and cops, should be using the same ones they were 10 years ago

I am a nonresident & have been hunting & applying for tags in az for the last 6 years. I think the cost of the 2014 combo license is a good deal. I never fish when I am there, but now I can for a tiny fee. The cost of tags is a little hard to swallow, but fish & game need to make money to manage the states resources. Check around in other states, and you will see az is not out of line its the price you pay to hunt. If you brown bag your lunch everyday & save all year as I do than the money is there for hunting. If you don't like the prices don't buy the license nobody is forcing you.

Well said. The privilege(and it is a privilege) to hunt and fish comes at a price like everything else. I guess we have to decide how important it is. Is it worth all of the fee's. My guess is that everyone on this forum would say "yes". The fact that the fee's were not increased since 2007 is amazing. I can't think of anything that I buy that prices weren't increased for 7 years.

I find the support for these exorbitant fees surprising. Especially for residents. We are indeed being robbed. To demonstare this fact lets look at the rates residents in the other western states are paying.

NM

Deer $42

Elk $91 bull $61 cow

Antelope $61

UT

Deer $40

Elk $50

Antelope $55

CO

Deer $31

Elk $46

Antelope $31

NV

Deer $30

Elk $120

Antelope $60

WY

Deer $38

Elk $52

Antelope $33

ID

Deer $19.75

Elk $30.75

Antelope $31.25

MT

Deer $16

Elk $20

Antelope $19

Yeah, our new rates are totally fair. I did the math. On the application fee increase alone only counting the "main" draws they are gaining 6.5 million dollars.

I suppose those of you who happily support this are just hoping the poor, less dedicated, and non-residents stop applying for your tags and increase your odds.

what i find amazing is the amount of people on here who are justifying what g&f is charging.

NM

Deer $42

Elk $91 bull $61 cow

Antelope $61

UT

Deer $40

Elk $50

Antelope $55

CO

Deer $31

Elk $46

Antelope $31

NV

Deer $30

Elk $120

Antelope $60

WY

Deer $38

Elk $52

Antelope $33

ID

Deer $19.75

Elk $30.75

Antelope $31.25

MT

Deer $16

Elk $20

Antelope $19

what i find amazing is the amount of people on here who are justifying what g&f is charging.

Yeah I also was looking at the other western states' tag prices. AZ charges way more than the others on average. I like how they brag about "we haven't raised fees since 2007" So? Why does the fee have to raise in the first place? Why can't it go down? Don't we pay enough in income tax, property tax, sales tax, car tax, etc.?

Big game hunting in AZ is really a rich man's hobby now. As a resident you are spending almost over $200 for permits/license just to go elk hunting. And $58 bucks for a dang deer tag? On top of your $37 hunting license, so nearly $100 dollars to go deer hunting right off the bat. I totally understand making non-residents pay boku bucks but residents should not have to pay that much to hunt in their own state that they already pay a ton of taxes in. Just my opinion though.

• Like 2

I just got back from Walmart buying an archery deer tag and a mt lion non-permit tag which cost me $60. When I told my wife what it cost and also told her we have to have the money in for elk & antelope by Feb. 11th she said good luck coming up with the money. It's the same thing every year and I know some how I will manage.

I personally think our g&f department needs the money to manage our game and to pay their salaries so I'm not really to upset with the new cost. There has been a few screw ups over the recent years but over all I think our g&f do a good job.

TJ

• Like 2

Can you still buy just a fishing lic. or do you have to buy a combo lic, just to fish.

A rich man's sport? Median income in AZ is about $48k per year. An elk tag costs less than one day's pay for an average household. And that assumes you work every day for your money. At least complain about fuel costs or something truly exorbitant.

if you're raising kids, the price of tags are out of sight. taxes, gas, food, diapers, clothes, house, cars, etc...money is definitely tight. I would think those supporting this are single, or at least aren't raising kids.

if it wasn't such a financial difficulty, i wouldn't complain about it.

But for me, it's becoming nearly unaffordable.