Sign in to follow this  
DrRx09

2nd Archery Buck

This is my 2014 archery buck

I was fortunate to harvest my first archery buck on Jan 17th of 2012 (my best buck to date) and have been itching for another bow kill. 2013 started out with a failed attempt at a buck that has been haunting me and my brother for a few years now. I was determined to go 2 for 2 with archery in 2013 and had my heart set on a few "mutants" we had showing up to our salt pit. Come early archery season I was devastated when I found out that one of the 2 bucks had been arrowed by a fellow archer 2 days prior to going out. I had a close encounter with the real freak, nicknamed "triple crown" on one occasion, but he winded me and I never got another chance.

Fast forward to my rifle hunt and my brother and I could not relocate the buck. I settled for a last day buck with my rifle while in the back of my head wishing I would have found Triple Crown. Come December we were determined to find the freak buck and eventually found him a short distance from his original location and the plan was in motion. My brother and I would both hunt this buck until he was ours! First few days were full of activity, but the big bucks were only hitting the scrapes at night. There were a lot of local does and knew this guy would eventually make a mistake and give one of us an opportunity. That came this morning when he walked 30 yds in front of me quartering away. The arrow hit its mark and he was down 30 yds from where I hit him. Not the biggest, but definitely the most unique buck I have personally laid eyes on.

Once again, I have to put a shout out to my brother for getting me into the archery game, without his persistence I wouldn't be doing this in the first place. We'll get you "big country" this fall!

Canyon Killing Gear puts down the first deer of 2014

Here's the pics:

post-5232-0-83632300-1389330022_thumb.jpg

post-5232-0-02725900-1389330043_thumb.jpg

post-5232-0-43824700-1389330415_thumb.jpg

post-5232-0-75478900-1389330433_thumb.jpg

post-5232-0-88423100-1389330059_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Holy character! That is an awesome buck, congrats on getting it done!

That is a very unique - cool looking buck! Congratulations on getting the one you were after. You gotta be stoked about that guy.

That buck is awesome. Nice job

Congratulations on a great buck! Awesome that your persistence and hard work paid off!

Cool looking buck!!

Awesome buck!! Its always sweet to put down the buck you have been watching for any amount of time! Congratulations!

• Like 1

Congratulations on a dandy. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ