dieselroe

134 Yard Archery Shot on 6x6

The minute we try to legislate "Ethics" is when we're gonna get "awesome" game laws like some other states close by: No scopes on a muzzleloader, no sabot projectiles, no lighted nocks, no "barbed" broadheads, 45lb minimum draw weight, .243 or bigger for big game, no electronic calls or decoys, blah blah blah. All part of the grand scheme by those in power to erode the very freedoms your license fees and votes are supposed to protect. If he killed the deer at 135yds- that's an amazing shot. If you cannot kill at that distance- don't.

• Like 6

This is getting good. So it's OK shoot a deer at a 1,000 yards with a rifle. :)

how many bulls do you suppose got drilled this year and no one even checked for blood because they didnt look hit and was too far across a canyon to go check? thats a question for a different thread though

Well I know one in 22n. Got shot at over and someone smoked a 6x5 on my sons hunt. Ran right in front of us and died 100yds from us over the ridge. No one ever came and looked for the bull. They hit it a little back but still had a blood trail. Just makes me angry when you shoot something and not sure if you hit or not and still don't go look for blood. Sad story

you will be seeing a lot more of that with everyone getting into long range. ive seen a bull take a .300 weatherby at 200 yards to the power plant and not even flinch. walk across a deep canyon to look for blood, aint nobody got time for that.

What about all the game that's hit poorly with an arrow to run off and die a slow painful death and never found. There are poor examples on both sides yet only the long range hunters get the label of being unethical. Both disciplines require practice to become proficient and as long as someone puts in the time and effort and the game is harvested cleanly then I have no problem with it. Congrats to any hunter that is able harvest the game they are chasing regardless of how they did it.

• Like 2

/>

dead is dead!!! whats next he poached it off grand canyon?

I heard it was a hybrid

hybrid, 136 yards with a rage broadhead. poached in grand canyon park.... word is he passed on the fritos buck 20 min before at 40 yard...he also used bait and doe urine. he cant post pics due to a magazine article that will have a detailed map of the location killed. did i miss anything?

AZGFD :-X
  • Like 1

This is how I role...If I can hit a paper plate every time at x distance Im going to take the shot, with optimal conditions. I have not killed a deer with a bow but have killed elk and pigs out to 70 with a bow. With that being said I have seen film of friends of mine that have killed antelope with one arrow out to 140 yards...and they don't wound them, they are confident in there skills. I think the real things is as a true hunter: If you have the shot, and your not just flinging arrows take it...if your not confident you shouldn't, don't talk crap because he killed a deer at that distance, heck maybe some people on here cant shoot that far. that's not a bad thing but that doesn't make you less off hunter. I don't know this gentleman, but before some of you talk crap maybe you should go out and practice more.

• Like 8

This is getting good. So it's OK shoot a deer at a 1,000 yards with a rifle. :)

how many bulls do you suppose got drilled this year and no one even checked for blood because they didnt look hit and was too far across a canyon to go check? thats a question for a different thread though

Well I know one in 22n. Got shot at over and someone smoked a 6x5 on my sons hunt. Ran right in front of us and died 100yds from us over the ridge. No one ever came and looked for the bull. They hit it a little back but still had a blood trail. Just makes me angry when you shoot something and not sure if you hit or not and still don't go look for blood. Sad story

you will be seeing a lot more of that with everyone getting into long range. ive seen a bull take a .300 weatherby at 200 yards to the power plant and not even flinch. walk across a deep canyon to look for blood, aint nobody got time for that.

What about all the game that's hit poorly with an arrow to run off and die a slow painful death and never found. There are poor examples on both sides yet only the long range hunters get the label of being unethical. Both disciplines require practice to become proficient and as long as someone puts in the time and effort and the game is harvested cleanly then I have no problem with it. Congrats to any hunter that is able harvest the game they are chasing regardless of how they did it.

i didnt even say anything about that. im talking about people that shoot from long range, and then dont go look for sign because they think they missed. elk dont go down very easy

I have said this before and I will say it again: have any of you shot collegiate archery? We used a competition long bow set to 40 or 45 lbs. We shot Olympic rules and distances. Outdoor distances started at 25 meters and went out to 90 meters. NOW if we did this with a recurve bow back in the 80's and consistently shot 280+ rounds out of 300 with the bullseye being an 8" target, then with the modern compound bows we shoot today anybody that practices at those yardages can ethically shoot that shot..... I understand some of you don't think it is ethical, maybe not for you but to some it is. We practice long shots not to constantly take them, but to be able to if the situation presents itself.

Do we even know if this mythical shot took place? With all the bashing we may never know! Lets stop this before it gets completely out of control and this site becomes what others ARE, the site nobody wants to go to. PLEASE STOP THE PRE-POST BASHING BASED ON RUMOR....PLEASE!!

• Like 5

hybrid, 136 yards with a rage broadhead. poached in grand canyon park.... word is he passed on the fritos buck 20 min before at 40 yard...he also used bait and doe urine. he cant post pics due to a magazine article that will have a detailed map of the location killed. did i miss anything?

I heard it was Lark and it was killed behind Pete's place in Star Valley....

• Like 3

I also heard there there was trail cam pics but the sd card was stolen before they could post them. Theya also shot it off a knob that someone else had already claimed that they parked there off road vehicle on.

• Like 1

Goodness gracious! This website has morphed into monstermuleys dot com!

• Like 1

/>

/>

dead is dead!!! whats next he poached it off grand canyon?

I heard it was a hybrid

Wa

The Pictures Have Huge WAter Marks, And A Azgfd Officer Witnessed it.

• Like 1

I would say the guy who shot this shot was a game and fish agent, but Tony Mandile might bannish me to a special thread like AZLance...

• Like 2