Sign in to follow this  
1shot

Cactus bull

over the years of hunting i had heard stories about cactus bucks and bulls but never had the luck to ever see one.

for those of you who have never heard of them in short they are basically bucks or bulls that experience a injury to their testicles from things like barb wire fences or other things that have injured them. these castrations result in cactus formation antlers.

i wanted to share these photos with you of a cactus bull that was killed this year by a ranch hand that works for the Flying W Ranch in unit 23. Not sure if the bull was killed in 23 but i have heard it was.

ENJOY THE PICS

post-11186-0-09402000-1389841675_thumb.jpg

post-11186-0-29516300-1389841705_thumb.jpg

Cool bull. Looks like the picture was taken out front of my taxidermists house there in Young. I will have to make a call tomorrow and find out the scoop.

That is a strange looking one......I would never punch a unit "23" tag on a ufo bull like that !!

forget that. this is AZ, everyone has a nice bull. no one has one like that.

edit: on the late hunt of course lol

There is a very cool story behind this bull. I hope the gentleman who shot it posts about it. I saw this in the tank being preserved and all I can say is WOW. The story is even better. Congrats to the hunter

Wow, that is pretty crazy looking. Never seen one of those.

That is a strange looking one......I would never punch a unit "23" tag on a ufo bull like that !!

forget that. this is AZ, everyone has a nice bull. no one has one like that.

edit: on the late hunt of course lol

Yea, I guess...........just something about those big clean 375" to 400" bull's on the wall. Hey, if that's what a guy likes fire away !