Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Anything we can do to stop the money hungry machine that is AZGFD?

Just curious what everyone thinks about this. . Game and Fish depends greatly depends on us hunters and fishermen to function. To be exact the receive around 28 million dollars just in license and tag fees (That's before the price raise this year) plus another 17 million from taxes on hunting and fishing supplies. Basically around 50% of their money comes from us just because we love to hunt. They know that and have obviously been abusing their duties.

1.They work for the people (US) yet all they care about are themselves and their new trucks and government retirement plans.

2.Their website for the draw has about as many problems as the healthcare.gov website. Yet they don't improve it and it crashes every year.

3. They have supported introduction of Mexican wolves simply to make money from the federal government. They know Mexican wolves will do absolutely no good for the other wildlife here in the state.

4. They have given out so many tags in some areas that the population of certain animals is so low you can't find a decent buck or bull.

5.They feel they are above the law because they are the law. They do what they want without any fear of any consequences because they know nothing will happen to them. See Shawn Wagner case just for one example.

6. They don't even have enough people to answer a phone call at their offices.

7. They waste millions of dollars every year driving their commissioner and employees to expos and banquets and hunts.

8. They kill Jaguars with snares and are killing bighorn sheep on a daily basis (Catlina Mountains)

9. To sum it up, They are just plain worthless, money hungry, and selfish.

So what I'm trying to get at is if there anything we can do to stop them or make things change? They obviously don't listen to us at public meetings and it's not like we can vote them out. So do they have us by the ba**s and know we can't stop them?

If something doesn't change soon were gonna lose our youth hunters. I already know a lot of people not putting in because even if they put in and don't draw it costs their family $250+. And if they get drawn it's way over $500 per average family. All the while azgfd is buying their new toys with the cash and paying their retired employees more than we make at a regular job. Just wondering if there are any ideas to get something done.

An all out boycott of the draw would be practically impossible due to losing bonus points by not putting in. Any other ideas to let azgfd were tired of it?

Guest wdenike

I am afraid there is only one thing that will force change. :o :o That being said, How do you change that kind of monster???? State or federal, they are all in bed with one and other. Even if there was a successful boycott. They would get the feds to print money to meet their budget. Or who the heck knows they might just reach into the social security slush fund. Ooops that couldn't happen, or never has been done before HA HA HA HA . If the uninformed would just get educated. This should be an interesting topic. Interested in hearing solutions. And more interested in the sheep that will try and convince the informed that everything is honky dory and things are just A OK.

Take care, Willie

My anus has been preparing for years... $$$---->

You do realize that your average everyday game and fish guy in the field gets paid sub par and for the most part wants the same things you want?

If you have a problem with the game and fish then directing your comments at the commission is probably your best bet. The guys in the field don't get rich doing what they do and are often working on orders from people far above them.

• Like 14

They may not paid a ton but their bosses sure do. And once they retire they will make more every month than the majority make at their job right now. I have met enough of them to know the majority are power hungry a holes that want more than anything to write you a ticket. Seems like if they wanted what we wanted they wouldn't be doing most things opposite of what the majority says. Whether high or low on the totem pole the majority are there for the money and the special feeling of power they get from writing tickets. While there may be some good ones a lot of them seem to be the kids that were picked on in high school and now have something to prove.

• Like 1

If we had a constitutional right to hunt it may help leverage who they answered too but as it is now, we got nothing and its not right. Our rights were voted down so the people of AZ help create the problem.

Game and fish folks don't make much money, I make more as a teacher at a public school than my fellow wardens that I went to school with. Game and fish does not just manage game population but increase variety an that's why they work heavily with reintroduction and endangered species. There different branches in azgfd, I support game and fish in all they do, even if it is successful or not, cost of living keeps going up and that causes cost of tags to go up. Is what it is.

• Like 14

Just a couple of thoughts:

1) Become an employee. See what it is really like. Work your way through the ranks until you can get promoted to a position where you have the power to initiate positive change.

2). Get on the Commission or encourage others who share your views to do so in order to change policy.

Either option could allow you to make a real change....

• Like 2

/> theres only one thing we can do

358cp6a.jpg

theyre going in dry

Hahaha! Richard, what's happening?

i texted you sunday to see if you got a pig, not a single response was received that day.....

/>

/> theres only one thing we can do

358cp6a.jpg

theyre going in dry

Hahaha! Richard, what's happening?
i texted you sunday to see if you got a pig, not a single response was received that day.....

No pig, them SOB's are tough to find in the cooler. I figured they'd be in the bottom with the wind and the mountains all blue but no such luck.

Game and fish folks don't make much money, I make more as a teacher at a public school than my fellow wardens that I went to school with. Game and fish does not just manage game population but increase variety an that's why they work heavily with reintroduction and endangered species. There different branches in azgfd, I support game and fish in all they do, even if it is successful or not, cost of living keeps going up and that causes cost of tags to go up. Is what it is.

So you support a government agency with no oversight? I think that's the complaint, is them doing more or less what they want and not what the people want. I don't need to be a warden or do any other job to expect them or anyone else to be fair and do it right when they do that job, as someone else mentioned. You take a government job, your a servant to the people. ATF is another form of branch of government trying to do a job. Do you support them successful or not(Fast and Furious, making 4 border states report multiple weapon sales to individuals). I don't. When they're wrong or right they need to answer to us.

• Like 1

Game and fish officer get paid squat for the amount of education that is required! Just like any other place of employment you must be competitive in pay to get good employees. Game and Fish are handicapped with this big time. Also who are we to judge someone who has put 20 plus years into a career on what type of retirement the should get to support themselves for the remainder of there life. When it comes down to it in every job your going to have good employees and bad ones. Just like anything other product, over time there are going to be pay increases. We're lucky it doesn't cost more. If officer are wanting to write citations there is an easy to combat this, don't break the law!

I guess my question is what are you hopping to accomplish? Get rid of retirement of all former game and fish officers? Tell them they are not allowed to by new equipment? Tell them that ongoing training for employees aren't necessary? What's your goal with a boycott or anything else.

Regan

• Like 8