Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Anything we can do to stop the money hungry machine that is AZGFD?

while the new fees hit me with sticker shock, I do not agree with the bullet points of the topic (as they speak in absolutes and rarely is anything absolute).

didn't an independent agency audit the game and fish and found there was waste to a tune of $1 million? That may seem like a large number but what percent does this actually represent 1-2% of the operating budget (It am not sure.... asking).

Also I drive a fleet vehicle for work and often get a new car every year and have gotten 2 in one year... the fleet company makes the decision to sell and buy the vehicles for what I assume is the fixed amount the company I work for pays them.... while logic would question the frequent new cars... GE Fleet is in business to make money.... does the Game and Fish use a fleet company?

can anybody name one agency that is performing very well?

They may not paid a ton but their bosses sure do. And once they retire they will make more every month than the majority make at their job right now. I have met enough of them to know the majority are power hungry a holes that want more than anything to write you a ticket. Seems like if they wanted what we wanted they wouldn't be doing most things opposite of what the majority says. Whether high or low on the totem pole the majority are there for the money and the special feeling of power they get from writing tickets. While there may be some good ones a lot of them seem to be the kids that were picked on in high school and now have something to prove.

Actually, when public employees, like game and fish employees or teachers, retire, we get about 60% of our salary. Trust me, we will not get paid more than what we make as current employees. Yes, when we turn 65, we will also collect social security. So, we will have state retirement and social security. However, do not forget, the state takes 11% of our pay check. We have no choice. The Feds also take over 35%. And one last thing to remember, state employees are forced to contribute to a retirement plan that may not exist when we reach retirement age - state retirement plans have gone bankrupt in other states. I think I need the money now, to pay for tags and college for my kids, not when I retire.

When I worked for the Biology branch of the AZGFD, I drove a very old Chevy and did not get paid much. Like elkhunter said earlier, I get paid more as a high school counselor - which is not much for a guy with a master's degree plus 20 years experience........

• Like 7

/> Also who are we to judge someone who has put 20 plus years into a career on what type of retirement the should get to support themselves for the remainder of there life.

Regan

Who are we??? WE ARE THE FREAKIN TAXPAYER WHO PAYS FOR IT!!! Of course I have a say!

• Like 1

i'm not so upset at the g&f guys in the field doing the work.

kinda thought they were on our side anyways. somebody's gotta count deer and chase poachers.

I'm sure they are not the ones implementing monetary policy.

but, there's somebody...somewhere, who's takin' my bacon....

its has become a rich mans sport. talked to a gamie last yr. up at big lake and he said we comeplain and the tags and lieceinces are the cheepest part of the hunt. they don't want to get it!

You know what your getting into as far as pay goes becoming a warden, so they choose it still. I'm glad someone does it, but doesn't excuse bad management from the TOP! Nobody becomes a cop or joins the military thinking about cash. Because you know it's squat for what you are expected to do or sacrifice. Regardless if the arguments about the lowest pee-on warden or the director, pay is no excuse and is irrelevant, they answer to the people paying there wages, US!

I mentioned this in another thread complaining about G and F.........

Why don't YOU come up with your own management strategy??? Not just for deer or elk that you like to hunt, but for everything! Even the fishes!!! There are many many branches of our wildlife, not just Big Game. Figure out what it would take, how many employees you would need. Surveys on populations, enforcement, tag delegation, the whole thing and come up with a budget and see what it would cost you.

Then I think you could come back with a valid argument. Not just OMG they raised pricing and I don't like it. Doesn't FEEL right to me.

There isn't any valid info behind your questions. Post some facts. Why is G and F spending X amount of dollars on such and such project? Do some research. If you are serious about making changes show up serious with some facts and reasons for why.

I said this before as well, I don't support everything they do either. But I think you need to come with some better A Game if you want to be taken seriously and actually make some changes.

• Like 11

I mentioned this in another thread complaining about G and F.........

Why don't YOU come up with your own management strategy??? Not just for deer or elk that you like to hunt, but for everything! Even the fishes!!! There are many many branches of our wildlife, not just Big Game. Figure out what it would take, how many employees you would need. Surveys on populations, enforcement, tag delegation, the whole thing and come up with a budget and see what it would cost you.

Then I think you could come back with a valid argument. Not just OMG they raised pricing and I don't like it. Doesn't FEEL right to me.

There isn't any valid info behind your questions. Post some facts. Why is G and F spending X amount of dollars on such and such project? Do some research. If you are serious about making changes show up serious with some facts and reasons for why.

I said this before as well, I don't support everything they do either. But I think you need to come with some better A Game if you want to be taken seriously and actually make some changes.

But then we wouldn't have anything to piss an moan about.

• Like 1

I've noticed a strange trend here. . The only people defending azgfd and the retirement they get are government workers. Hmmm. . And Becker I understand my post was more of a broad topic and question but you can go read the audit that was done on azgfd this past year and just start to scratch the surface of the money they waste. It's unreal. Throw in the couple dudes caught embezzling money and $100,000 fines they pay to their own employee and it starts adding up.

I also understand they need equipment but why do they need new equipment every freakin year? Trucks don't get old that fast. . Especially if you drive around and do nothing in them all day.

Well everybody is afraid to make it where we vote on the commision. So this is what we have. You can't have it both ways. Either take the chance and make it so we vote on the commission, or stop wining and take what we are given.

All this complaining is very predictable. It happened years ago when the prices were much lower. Soon everybody will be peeing there pants hoping to be drawn, checking their credit cards wishing to see a big charge on it. Then the ones that dont get drawn will complain that the draw is wrong, needs to be fixed. Then it starts all over again for the Deer draw. The common thing about alot of these posts is the misinformation and exaggerations that some spout. That is why Amanda calls this the Campfire. I can just picture a group of you all sitting around a campfire drinking and talking out of your hat and other places. LOL

• Like 3

Ive worked in govt before. Ive seen the ridiculous amount of waste. The end of year budget meetings where they beg you to spend all of the previous years budget because if you dont you wont get as much next year. Its how we got $17 trillion in debt.

• Like 2

One thing about this mess, is that there is absolutely no accountability. The Game and Fish Dept. answers to nobody. The Governor appoints them and forgets about them.

• Like 1