Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Anything we can do to stop the money hungry machine that is AZGFD?

Every time it gets to a draw deadline someone has a complaint about the game and fish if it cost to much don't put in for every hunt. When gas got to almost 4.00 dollars a gal did you stop driving or did you just get a car with better mileage or not drive as much. I just dont drive as much same reason why I don't put in for elk or pronghorn. I have seen people piss and mone about prices being raised then they piss and mone about not enuff tags for hunts they want but too many tags on the hunt they got meanwhile they shot a $3000 rig with premium ammo. They forget what hunting is all about. Get over it crap happens things go up in price I thought the prices where good $5.00 for a youth license all kinds of extras included with our license. Get over it or stop hunting

• Like 3

while the new fees hit me with sticker shock, I do not agree with the bullet points of the topic (as they speak in absolutes and rarely is anything absolute).

didn't an independent agency audit the game and fish and found there was waste to a tune of $1 million? That may seem like a large number but what percent does this actually represent 1-2% of the operating budget (It am not sure.... asking).

Also I drive a fleet vehicle for work and often get a new car every year and have gotten 2 in one year... the fleet company makes the decision to sell and buy the vehicles for what I assume is the fixed amount the company I work for pays them.... while logic would question the frequent new cars... GE Fleet is in business to make money.... does the Game and Fish use a fleet company?

can anybody name one agency that is performing very well?

only a million? well if thats all who gives a crap...

I bet if I reviewed your finances for a year, I'd find a 1-2% waste in money....

LOL, wut? how is my personal income comparable to a government agency. you must be a democrat.

• Like 1

Guest wdenike
while the new fees hit me with sticker shock, I do not agree with the bullet points of the topic (as they speak in absolutes and rarely is anything absolute).

didn't an independent agency audit the game and fish and found there was waste to a tune of $1 million? That may seem like a large number but what percent does this actually represent 1-2% of the operating budget (It am not sure.... asking).

Also I drive a fleet vehicle for work and often get a new car every year and have gotten 2 in one year... the fleet company makes the decision to sell and buy the vehicles for what I assume is the fixed amount the company I work for pays them.... while logic would question the frequent new cars... GE Fleet is in business to make money.... does the Game and Fish use a fleet company?

I bet if I reviewed your finances for a year, I'd find a 1-2% waste in money....

LOL. how is my personal income comparable to a government agency. you must be a democrat

I had been thinking that, and debating myself whether to even say anything since it was posted. But I just figured if someone didn't know the difference between private money and money that funds the gooberment. There was no hope. Just in case there is interest. If a private citizen wants to use his or her money to start the camp fire they are going to star gaze by. That is none of your business!!! But when the gooberment pisses away dollars guess where they got that money. ( Excluding the fast and furious money printing machine. ) No pun intended

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

LOL. how is my personal income comparable to a government agency. you must be a democrat

I had been thinking that, and debating myself since it was posted. But I just figured if someone didn't know the difference between private money and money that funds the gooberment. There was no hope. Just in case there is interest. If a private citizen wants to use his or her money to start the camp fire they are going to star gaze by. That is none of your business!!! But when the gooberment pisses away dollars guess where they got that money. ( Excluding the fast and furious money printing machine. ) No pun intended

Take care, Willie

the fact that his comment has likes on it scares me.

• Like 1

Guest wdenike
I mentioned this in another thread complaining about G and F.........

Why don't YOU come up with your own management strategy??? Not just for deer or elk that you like to hunt, but for everything! Even the fishes!!! There are many many branches of our wildlife, not just Big Game. Figure out what it would take, how many employees you would need. Surveys on populations, enforcement, tag delegation, the whole thing and come up with a budget and see what it would cost you.

Then I think you could come back with a valid argument. Not just OMG they raised pricing and I don't like it. Doesn't FEEL right to me.

There isn't any valid info behind your questions. Post some facts. Why is G and F spending X amount of dollars on such and such project? Do some research. If you are serious about making changes show up serious with some facts and reasons for why.

I said this before as well, I don't support everything they do either. But I think you need to come with some better A Game if you want to be taken seriously and actually make some changes.

This post is another that is shameful. Unless I am taking it wrong it sounds as though it is being mocked and impossible. If you think that the private sector could not do a better job at managing wildlife, I am afraid you are delusional. If we would cut this state into sections, similar to the franchise areas that the corporation commission does with utilities. And not allow the rest of the gooberment to regulate private companies into failure. You would see more water trucks during drought, and more provisions made to increase game populations than you could shake a stick at. And the private sector would do it with a prophet. And looking at their accomplishments Myself and others that are feed up with gooberment BS would pay for our tags and fees with a smile!!!! And the OP and others that liked the post would bitch that they were making a prophet. I know what side of Capitalism I'm on. And I know how I feel about WAISTE regardless whether I share its cost with other fools.

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

I wish I would have been born a 100 years or so ago before there were all these rules and regulations and before the government took over the management of the states wildlife. I would have loved the opportunity to hunt the large populations of elk that were native to AZ. I would have loved being in the forest seeing Turkey's roosting in every tree and the plains covered in antelope. I bet down south the mountains and hills were just crawling with deer and Goulds Turkey's. Yes sir I hope and pray I live long enough to see the good old days again or better yet we let the private sector manage the wildlife I'd bet good money everyone would then be able to afford to hunt.

LOL, wut? how is my personal income comparable to a government agency. you must be a democrat.

I had been thinking that, and debating myself whether to even say anything since it was posted. But I just figured if someone didn't know the difference between private money and money that funds the gooberment. There was no hope. Just in case there is interest. If a private citizen wants to use his or her money to start the camp fire they are going to star gaze by. That is none of your business!!! But when the gooberment pisses away dollars guess where they got that money. ( Excluding the fast and furious money printing machine. ) No pun intended

Take care, Willie

Okay.... Let me try again. What is the operating budget of the GF.... What percentage of waste was the one million dollars to the operating budget (that the independent agency found to be waste).

Then compare that percentage of waste to a PRIVATELY or publicly held company of similar size ...

Would imagine the amount are similar.

• Like 1

Government, private, publicly held or personnel.... Waste is waste. Point is the percentage that was highlighted seems inline with industry standards of companies of similar size.

My political views are definitely not democrat or the worthless GOP....

Unfortunately......those that are willing to do something, are far outnumbered by those that aren't. That is why our Sham of a President still has a job. Gouging the citizens starts at the top, and rolls downhill. Has G&F provided any justification for doubling the app fee's? Have they lost Federal subsidies that they need to make up in Revenue?

I read an article about the ranking of each State based on the population of Conservatives. Arizona Ranked 26th, Washington D.C Ranked 50th.

The Wolf popularity vote is probably skewed as they always are. The sample pool , probably didn't include many hunters.

I am a single dad with four kids and five grand kids,if you can't afford to put you and you family in then what about a 2-3 day quail or rabbit hunt with them,

or a dove ,or squirrel hunt.some of my best memories are on these kinds of hunts.

I know all about taking the girls to scouts, cheer and all the 4 to 5 days a week of sports that go with my family,how many of you complaining do all this and work 2 jobs,

or are you just working the normal 40 hour work week,have the lifted truck with nice wheels, the big house you don't really need,,don't put yourself in and put your kids in,AZ is still a heck of a lot cheaper then a lot of states,

I have had as hard a time in my life then most but hunting is amazing with my family, and if it means eating ,macaroni and cheese to be able to put them in well that's what I do.and how many of you diesel up pull the 33 toy hauler up the hill and spend a whole 2 1/2 days then head home.

• Like 2

I am a single dad with four kids and five grand kids,if you can't afford to put you and you family in then what about a 2-3 day quail or rabbit hunt with them,

or a dove ,or squirrel hunt.some of my best memories are on these kinds of hunts.

I know all about taking the girls to scouts, cheer and all the 4 to 5 days a week of sports that go with my family,how many of you complaining do all this and work 2 jobs,

or are you just working the normal 40 hour work week,have the lifted truck with nice wheels, the big house you don't really need,,don't put yourself in and put your kids in,AZ is still a heck of a lot cheaper then a lot of states,

I have had as hard a time in my life then most but hunting is amazing with my family, and if it means eating ,macaroni and cheese to be able to put them in well that's what I do.and how many of you diesel up pull the 33 toy hauler up the hill and spend a whole 2 1/2 days then head home.

Not everyone here is well heeled. Some of us just get by. I drive a beat up old Dodge, because I can't afford a new truck. I can not put in for alot of hunts, because I can't afford to do so. I work very hard at my 40 hour job, and unfortunately, being on call, I cannot work 2 jobs. Although I have worked 2 jobs, and many 16 hour days in the past, Been there, done that.

The case in point of this topic, is that we should not have to go on a diet of macoroni and cheese, or Ramen noodles, simply to fatten the coffers of a State or Federal agency, with our hard earned money.

• Like 2

Snapshot if you had bothered going to any of the meetings when they were discussing the increase you would have seen their justification. I don't agree with all they they do, however if this was controlled by a private company only the rich would hunt. The prices in the private world would be driven by what people were willing to pay and there's enough money out there to drive some stupid prices for the tags we have in this state.

• Like 1

Not everyone here is well heeled. Some of us just get by. I drive a beat up old Dodge, because I can't afford a new truck. I can not put in for alot of hunts, because I can't afford to do so. I work very hard at my 40 hour job, and unfortunately, being on call, I cannot work 2 jobs. Although I have worked 2 jobs, and many 16 hour days in the past, Been there, done that.

The case in point of this topic, is that we should not have to go on a diet of macoroni and cheese, or Ramen noodles, simply to fatten the coffers of a State or Federal agency, with our hard earned money.

well said!

SHAMEFUL ????

My post was MEANT as do you know what it costs to manage ALL of our wildlife??? Any kind of figure. What does it take??? I don't know and obviously you do.

Our wildlife handled by the private sector, HA. Our wildlife would benefit but you guys would be priced out so fast you wouldn't even have time to blink. I really doubt your face would be smiling anymore.

The following two paragraphs are merely my opinion. So I don't get in trouble ;)

I don't think G and F can REALLY manage our wildlife. They don't have the resources. They can't afford to pay enough people to do it. You might say oh yes they can but they barely pay the ones doing it now! The unit I hunt, and I am out there 2 days a week, I have only seen a warden 3 times in 8 years! I know why though. There are only 2 of them for the HUGE unit. Most of the time they are busy doing reports, darting javelina out of people's yards, going to court for tickets they have written, responsibilities I think a lot of people don't realize they have. They have soooo much on their plate they barely have time to do MANAGEMENT!!! Sure G and F has done some good things for wildlife. They really do have management plans and strategies in place that dictate how many tags they give out and what not (not saying they are the best by any means) but they are in place.

Something that really showed this lack of management to me was a presentation I saw on mule deer numbers in a particular unit. Mule deer were on the decline. Then amazingly a giant fire rolled through the unit. Guess what??? Over the next few years mule deer numbers began to rise again. What did G and F do??? Absolutely nothing, but the G and F guy was pretty proud of it and now they had a pretty awesome mule deer unit again. My guess??? The trend will happen again and before you know it mule deer numbers in that unit will be on the decline, unless some crazy fire or force of nature comes through a strikes again. Why? because in all reality all that they are currently doing is observing wildlife numbers for the most part and handing out a set amount of tags based on those numbers. That warden doesn't do anything that really helps that deer herd. Doesn't have the time or resources. He only has time to survey/count them, turn in his count, and try and write all you guys tickets! :)

So I guess the circle comes back around again and THAT IS is what does it COST to manage wildlife??? In the end that really is what this topic is about right? They take OUR money and do a job for us. We want them to do a good job. Things that they are doing right now we do or don't like. I personally don't know the cost, I don't even know what G and F's budget is. But like I said before, sit down and take some time to figure some stuff out about WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT if you want it changed. That way you have an actual VALID argument!

OR you can say screw the MAN I don't like him or what he does just because I DONT............... and get absolutely NO WHERE!

• Like 3

Becker you make a great point. They waste too much money. Ok. How do you propose they manage the funds they have more efficiently so we all can pay less? The figure of $1 million wasted is indeed a very small percentage of their budget. Did they do it intentionally? Some would say yes. I would suggest it was probably mismanaged. In other words, they are inefficient. They are a State run agency! What government run agency isn't at least a little inept? The proposal to have our wildlife managed by the private sector is laughable. Although I'd love to hear a proposal.

• Like 1